Request edit access
ENGLISH LEVEL TEST
English level test
Name and surname
Are you currently studying English?
Yes, I am
No, I am not
Please, answer the following questions in a maximum of 30 min.
The following questions are for Level A1. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel A1 (elemental). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
1. What do you do?
A. I´m engineer
B. In Barcelona
C. In a hospital
D. I´m a doctor
2. Anna and James________ from London
3. Do you like playing basketball?
A. Yes, I do
B. No, I do
C. Yes, I like
D. No, I’m not
4. Who´s cooking dinner?
B. Chicken and potatoes
C. My father
D. In a restaurant
5. Every day he ___________ to the gym.
A. is going
6. When do you study?
A. At an academy
B. In the evenings
C. English and history
D. With my friend
7. ___________________ lots of students at my school.
A. They are
B. There is
C. It is
D. There are
8. Who's that? That's________ teacher. Her name is Anna.
9. Please, _____________ in the school.
A. No run
B. Doesn't run
C. Don't run
D. You don't run
10. What are _______? They are my English books.
11. Where _______ you last night? I______ at home.
The following questions are for Level A2. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel A2 (básico). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
12. Can you speak French?
A. Yes, I speak.
B. No, I´m not
C. Yes, I am
D. No, I can´t
13. Where __________________?
A. you play football?
B. do he play football?
C. she is playing football?
D. does she play football?
14. Yesterday, I ___________ lunch with my sister.
15. England is ___________ than the USA.
B. more small
C. the smallest
16. Russia is ___________ country in the world.
A. the biggest
B. the more big
C. the big
17. I don´t like this teacher, he only gives us grammar exercises... it´s so ___________ !
18. Last week, I _________ a new project, _________ a bank account, _________ a new friend, and ________ an invitation to my friend's wedding.
19. ____________ brothers and sisters have you got?
A. How many
B. How much
D. What number
20. That's my cat, Domingo. I love ____ ! And those are my two dogs. I also love _____ very much.
21. What are the opposites of these adjectives? hot/tall/rich/new/fast
The following questions are for Level B1. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel B1 (intermedio). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
22. My brother and my sister are the same height. My sister is ___________ my brother.
A. taller than
B. so taller that
C. as taller than
D. as tall as
23. Tonight, I _____________
A. am having dinner with Sarah.
B. will have dinner with Sarah.
C. have dinner with Sarah.
D. will dinner with Sarah.
24. Look at you! You are really wet! What happened?
A. I was walking home and it started to rain.
B. I walked home and it rained.
C. I were walking home and it were raining.
D. I walked home and it were raining.
25. Yesterday __________a great day! I __________Jenny! I_____________her in a very long time.
A. were / see / not see
B. were / saw / saw
C. was/saw/haven't seen
D. was/saw/didn't see
26. Hi, sorry I´m late! Have you been waiting here long?
A. No, I´ve just arrived.
B. No, I´ve already arrived.
C. No, I haven´t arrived yet.
D. No, I´m arriving now.
27. You eat ___________ red meat and you don´t do ___________ exercise. It´s very unhealthy.
A. too many / enough
B. too / no
C. too many / not enough
D. too much / enough
28. My aunt is going to stay with me.
A. When she arrives
B. How long is she going to stay?
C. How was it?
D. How much time?
29. I´m very excited because this weekend ___________ my friend in Madrid. I think ___________ a great time!
A. I´m going to visit / I´m going to have
B. I will visit / I will have
C. I'm going to visit / I will have
D. I will visit/ I´m going to have
30. I can´t find my keys! They ___________ be at work.
31. If you´re cold, you ___________ put on a sweater.
32. ___________ outside in the summer is my favourite thing. I also love ___________ in the park when I want ___________.
A. Eating / reading / to relax
B. To eat / to read / to relax
C. To eating / read / relax
D. Eating / reading / relax
33. ___________ to Mexico? Yes, ___________ - I ___________ last summer and I loved it!
A. Did you go / I did / have been
B. Have you ever been / I did / went
C. Have you ever been / I have / went
D. Did you go / I went / went
34. Have you eaten ____________ for breakfast? No, ____________.
A. something / anything
B. anything / anything
C. something / nothing
D. anything / nothing
35. If it rains tomorrow, ______________ an umbrella.
A. I would take
B. I will take
C. I am taking
D. I take
36. Who's __________ singer in your family? And______?
A. the good/the bad
B. the gooder/the badder
C. the better/the worse
D. the best/the worst
The following questions are for Level B2. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel B2 (avanzado). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
37. How long have you known your best friend?
A. For almost ten years.
B. During a few years.
C. Since eight years ago.
D. Twenty years ago.
38. Do you think you will ______________ come to my party this weekend?
B. be able to
39. This is Beth - she´s the girl _________ I was telling you about.
40. The Picture of Dorian Gray is a famous book that _______________ in 1890 ______________.
A. wrote / for Oscar Wilde
B. was writing / for Oscar Wilde
C. was written / by Oscar Wilde
D. has written / that Oscar Wilde
41. If you _______________ anywhere in the world, where _________ you ________?
A. could live / have / lived
B. would live / did / live
C. could live / would / live
D. have lived / are / living
42. This shirt is XXL -- it's far __________ big!
A. too much
B. too many
43. If you ____________ me to the airport yesterday, I ____________ my flight.
A. didn't take / missed
B. don't take / will miss
C. haven't taken / would miss
D. hadn't taken / would have missed
44. I'm ____________ angry! I just saw ____________ great flat and when I called to take it, it was already gone.
A. such / such
B. so / so many
C. so / such a
D. such / so
45. I'm not very good at _____________ secrets, but I promise ____________ yours. - Please do! I can't stand ____________ that someone knows my secret.
A. keeping / to keep / thinking
B. to keep / to keep / to think
C. to keep / keeping / to think
D. keeping / keeping / thinking
46. Why are you sweating? - I _____________ the kitchen all morning! - Great! ______________ the bathroom yet?
A. am cleaning / Did you clean
B. am cleaning / Are you cleaning
C. have been cleaning / Have you cleaned
D. cleaned / Are you cleaning
47. I decided to ___________ volleyball this summer. I used to be on a football team, but I didn´t ____________ with anyone.
A. take on/get up
B. take up/get on
C. go on/keep on
D. go out/let down
48. _______ Pierre ________ Marie Curie were scientists, but _________ of them were aware of the dangers.
A. The two/and/both
B. The both/or/neither
D. The two/and/neither
49. Wow, he really ________ his father! His father _______ great for his age, too.
B. looks like/looks like
C. looks like/looks
50. Jim ____________ last month. He will probably ______________ to 3 months in jail.
A. was arrested / be sentenced
B. arrested / sentences
C. is arrested / is sentenced
D. arrest / sentence
51. ______________ for 3 hours when the captain ______ us to fasten our seatbelts because ____________ into some very bad weather.
A. We are flying / tells / we are flying
B. We´d been flying / told / we were flying
C. We have been flying / was telling / we had flown
D. We flew / told / are flying
The following questions are for Level C1. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel C1 (superior). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
52. Sorry I´m late! I _______ stuck _______ a traffic jam.
A. got / in
B. had been / in
C. got / by
D. was / with
53. I put on sunscreen at the beach. ________, I got burnt.
B. Even though
54. When I was younger, I ___________ in Madrid.
A. would live
B. used to live
C. was living
D. have lived
55. The exam was so difficult it _______________
A. put off me studying
B. put me out studying
C. put me off studying
D. put me off to study
56. It´s not the first time _________________ in an office.
A. I´m working
B. I´ve been working
C. I´ve worked
D. I work
57. We´d better not be late for dinner, _________?
A. should we
B. would we
C. are we
D. had we
58. You´ve been living in Japan for 5 years? How long...
A. it take you to get used to eating with chopsticks?
B. it took you to get used to eat with chopsticks?
C. did it take you to get used to eating with chopsticks?
D. it take you to get used to eat with chopsticks?
59. I could see from his face that...
A. ... he has cried a lot.
B. ... he had been crying a lot.
C. ... he is crying a lot.
D. ... he has been crying a lot.
60. It started raining suddenly, so I had to use a plastic bag _____ an umbrella.
B. such like
D. just as
61. When I got to the party, I realised that I __________________. Everyone was in jeans!
A. didn´t need dress up
B. needn´t have dressed up
C. needn´t dress up
D. needn´t have dress up
The following questions are for Level C2. Please answer the questions until you do not know the answer.
Las siguientes preguntas corresponden al nivel C2 (maestría). Contestar solo en caso de haber estudiado este nivel, por favor.
62. She´s lost a lot of weight now that she´s _______________ her diet.
A. cut up sugar in
B. cut by sugar in
C. cut sugar in
D. cut sugar out of
63. I shouldn´t have to work Saturdays! __________, I have worked here for three years.
B. After all
C. All in all
64. ___________ in applying now ______ the deadline´s already passed.
A. There´s not much point / as
B. There´s no much point / because
C. It´s not much point / as
D. It´s no point / because of
65. I tried not to be ______________ going to the concert, but they convinced me in the end.
A. told into
B. swayed into
C. got into
D. ended up
66. In order __________ your safety, please wear a seatbelt at all times.
A. to secure
B. to protect
D. to ensure
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service