• A first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.• A first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
• A nominated book must be written by a woman normally resident in North America.• The Berks Prizes are open to any female historian or historian who identifies as a woman.• Awards are for a first book, so the author may not have previously published any other book-length work. • Submissions must be published between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. • Textbooks, juvenile literature, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not eligible for either prize.
Deadline for submission for the Prizes is November 1, 2018. For books published after November 1, 2018 and before January 1, 2019, please submit bound page proofs by the deadline and a copy of the book by January 15, 2019.
Please complete the following form. Be sure to send a copy of the book you are nominating -- hard copy, pdf or ebook -- to each member of the Berkshire Conference Book Prize Committee according to their format preferences:
Dr. Amanda Herbert (Chair)Dr. Christian Ayne CrouchDr. Crystal FeimsterDr. Anna KrylovaDr. Yumi MoonDr. Michelle NickersonDr. Tatiana Seijas
Contact information for each member can be found at the bottom of this form. Questions should be directed to: Dr. Amanda E. Herbert Chair, Berkshire Conference Book Prize Committee Assoc. Director, Fellowships Folger Institute Folger Shakespeare Library 201 E. Capitol St. SE Washington, DC 20003 202 675 0348 email@example.com
2. Christian Ayne Crouch18 Livingston StreetRhinebeck, NY 12572Email: firstname.lastname@example.org[Hard copy only]
3. Crystal Feimster125 Livingston Street New Haven, CT 06511Email: email@example.com[Hard copy only]
4. Anna KrylovaDuke History Department 114 Campus Drive 226 Carr Building (East Campus)Box 90719Durham, NC 27708-0719Email: firstname.lastname@example.org[Hard copy only]
5. Yumi MoonDepartment of History450 Serra MallStanford UniversityStanford, CA 94305Email: email@example.com[Electronic copy only]
6. Michelle Nickerson5812 N. Christiana AveChicago, IL 60659Email: firstname.lastname@example.org[Hard copy only]
7. Tatiana Seijasc/o Keelin BurkeResearch and Academic ProgramsThe Newberry Library60 West Walton StChicago, IL 60610Email: email@example.com[Hard copy only]