* All students interested in auditioning must complete this audition application by the due date Monday August 3, 2015. Late applicants will not be considered.
* Any Wind, Brass and Percussion students must have participated in Orchestra and or Honor Band/Advanced Symphonic Band their Junior and Senior year to be eligible to audition and perform a solo with the Orchestra. All Band students must hold chairs that participate in Patriot Orchestra during senior year.
* Music students must have been active participants in Orchestra, Guitar, Choir or Band for a minimum of three years and involved in a music course at SHS for all four years. Transfer students are not eligible if only in the program for one year only (e.g. transferred as a senior). Only students enrolled in Patriot Orchestra, Patriot Guitar and Honor Band and Patriot Singers are eligible.
* Students interested in auditioning must submit a DVD or audio recording of their solo piece. All recordings must be received by the Orchestra Directors no later than Thursday August 21, 2015. Late submission of recordings will not be accepted.
* Students are selected by the Directors and will move on to the second level of auditions, Senior Soloist Recital. Students will perform their solo for a panel of faculty judges.
* Students are to perform with an accompanist during the Senior Soloist Recital August 27, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the Recital Hall. The recital will be videotaped. A panel of SHS music faculty will determine from that performance all of the performers for the school year (3-4 only!). The Orchestra directors will schedule each performance with each selected soloist.
* SHS will cover the first $100 of any solo orchestral accompaniment, any amount above that will be the responsibility of the the soloist and their family.
* All participants must submit 3 copies of their solo with measures numbered for the judges.
*All decisions are final and the submission of this application is your acknowledgment of the audition process and decisions by the SHS music faculty.