Request edit access
2020 Brooksville Raid Education Day Registration
The Annual Brooksville Raid Education Day to be held on January 17, 2020 at the Sand
Hill Scout Reservation on State Road 50 West, Brooksville. Your group can arrive at the
Brooksville Raid between 9:00 and 10:30 am. Most groups complete the self-guided tour in
2 - 3 hours. Reenactors will stay at their stations until 1:00 pm.
The presentation will consist of self-guided tours through a series of living history stations that reveal different aspects of the Civil War and life during the 1860’s. Some of the stations may include but will not be limited to the following:
• discussions regarding different camps (Federal-Confederate), food preferences and
preparation, and daily activities;
• discussions and demonstrations about supply acquisition, storage and distribution;
• displays of uniform dress;
• narrations by re-enactor soldiers about why they fought for the cause;
• explanations about the different types of cannons, how they operate including the
loading and firing;
• viewing and description of Civil War period side arms and;
• a visit to Sutler’s Row [Civil War memorabilia & food items available for purchase]
There is a $3.00 fee for each student, parent or chaperone (teachers are free). The fee can be paid by check or purchase order, made payable to the Hernando Historical Museum Association.
Florida State Standards Addressed by this field trip include (but are not limited to)
SS.4.A.5 - Crisis of the Union: Civil War and Reconstruction in Florida
SS.8.A.5 - Examine the causes, course, and consequence of the Civil War and Reconstruction including its effects on American peoples.
SS.912.A.2 - Understand the causes, course, and consequences of the Civil War and Reconstruction and its effects on the American people.
Contact Phone Number
Number of Teachers Attending
Number of Students Attending
Number of Chaperones Attending
Approximate Arrival Time
Approximate Dismissal Time
Completion of this form is your registration for School Day. If you have any questions regarding your registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirming registration numbers in early December. Thank you, Stephanie Sheridan
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service