The Citizen Corps Council will also work in conjunction with the Eastside Amateur Radio Support (EARS) group, who will provide auxiliary communications support to Bellevue and agencies served by NORCOM during a disaster or emergency.
Council members must commit to doing a minimum of five hours a week to promote and adapt MYN and CERT for Bellevue, and meet on an every other month basis as a group with the Public Education & Outreach leader for OEM.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria to make it to the interview round:
• At least 21 years of age.
• U.S. citizen or valid work permit/green card.
• Good driving record.
• No prior felony or serious misdemeanor arrests or convictions.
• No use or possession of illegal drugs within the past three years.
• No sale or manufacture of illegal drugs ever.
• No recent history (last 10 years) of alcohol or drug addiction/abuse (including prescription drugs).
• No history of chronic mental or emotional illness.
To apply to the Citizen Corps Council, applicants must submit the form below by April 18th, 2014.