B.E.S.T. Job Readiness Program Application
The Job Readiness Program is a four (4) week, on-line program to assist participants in achieving their employment goals. The curriculum is tailored to focus on personal development, resume writing, interview preparation, and employment search.
The following is a list of program eligibility requirements for the Light House Job Readiness Program. The applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be committed for three (3) weeks, twenty (20) hours a week:
➔ Virtual instruction, Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. A one (1) hour commitment on Fridays for a virtual workshop from 3:00 am - 4:00 pm.
➔ Meet with Employment Case Manager a minimum of once per week.
- Must not have a conviction of a violent felony within the last 7 years, a crime against a child or sexual assault, or outstanding arrest warrants.
- Be drug and alcohol free and willing to undergo random drug screenings throughout the training.
- Be committed to securing full-time employment after training.
A background check will be conducted on every applicant applying for the Program. False statements on this form may be subject to federal prosecution for perjury.
Individuals who have met all eligibility requirements above will go through an interview and screening process. Program graduation and employment assistance are based on successfully meeting all program requirements, including but not limited to, completion of assignments, punctuality, and attendance.