Welcome to the funding application for the Asian American Cultural Center (AACC)!
Please read these instructions carefully and fill out the form below to apply for funding from the AACC.
• We DO NOT accept any funding applications for events that have occurred at the time of consideration. Planning ahead is highly advisable as we typically do not approve any application that is submitted one week or less from the scheduled event date.
• Most requests will receive a response within 1-2 weeks of initial application with a notification of approval or denial.
• IMPORTANT: Please make sure to submit applications with enough time before the event to account for processing. We will only consider funding requests for events that have not yet happened at the time of our funding decision meeting (see dates below). For example, if your event is on September 20, please make sure to apply before September 7 so your event is upcoming at the funding decision meeting. Even if your application was submitted before the event, if it has already occurred at the time of the decision meeting, it will NOT be considered. We will meet on the following Fall dates to process funding applications:
o September 7, 2015
o September 21, 2015
o October 9, 2015
o October 23, 2015
Fall 2015 Application Deadline: October 22, 2015
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR FILLING OUT YOUR APPLICATION
• We have eliminated the absolute $100 cap on fundraisers, however, it is important that you let us know if your event will require participants to pay for attendance. We will stay in this range but will award funding on a case by case basis.
• We strongly encourage you to apply for funding from other funding sources around Yale such as UOC, Council of East Asian Studies, Council of Southeast Asian Studies, Council of South Asian Studies, etc. If you are not applying for funding from other sources, please include an explanation why in your application to avoid delay due to inquiry why and/or suggestions of other sources.
• Please remember to include an itemized list of requests. The more detailed the better and will help avoid delays.
• Please note that we do not usually award extensive funding for certain things like cups, paper goods, etc. A limited number can be found in the AACC pantry and if more are required for your event, please itemize them accordingly in your request list.
AFTER YOU RECEIVE FUNDING:
For all of the events we are funding, we require our logo to be included and featured as a source of funding in any/all advertising. Our policy requires a 1"x1" image of the logo per normal page for advertisements (including emails) and fit to that scale for larger items. See logo at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1sil-odFnTlWHVkZ21kaTNWLVE/edit
AFTER YOUR EVENT: TURNING IN RECEIPTS
IMPORTANT: All receipts MUST be submitted no later than two weeks after the event date.
Once approved, reimbursements are the most common (and quickest) form of AACC funding. So keep careful record of all original receipts! THEY MUST BE ITEMIZED. To receive a timely reimbursement, submit the following documentation to SSS110 (located at 1 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT, 06511 - the intersection of Prospect and Grove) after your event has concluded.
1) Reimbursement Request Form (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sil-odFnTlTDJQVUMxaEVOVUE/edit?usp=sharing)
2) ALL original receipts
3) Attendance documentation (e.g. sign-up sheets)
You may leave this with the receptionist in a sealed envelope addressed to Dean Saveena Dhall. Your name and email address on the reimbursement request form MUST MATCH those provided on the application!
If total funding requested is greater than or equal to $299, you must go through the check reimbursement process. So please pay careful attention to the two sections which ask you to provide your Tax ID Number* and Vendor Number** to avoid delays in check processing.
*You are required to know your Tax ID Number
**If you do not know your Vendor Number, you can apply for a new one via the following links, and submit the forms to SSS110 (address provided above).
Vendor Number Application Instructions:
Vendor Number Application Form (W-9):