1. Before you apply:
- Review projects and mentors to identify your preferences and interests.
- Secure two faculty recommenders and have valid email addresses for them.
- Know your current GPA and number of earned hours.
2. Complete the attached application.
When you submit your application, we will automatically email your recommenders with a link to our recommendation form.
3. Submit your responses to the short answer questions listed in the application below to email@example.com with "YOUR NAME_Short response" in the subject line.
4. Submit a copy of your resume.
Your resume is how you provide faculty reviewers information about your research experience, academic strengths, skills, and other relevant experiences that make you an appealing candidate for the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program. For this program, your resume may look more like a curriculum vita than a traditional resume, since it's not necessary to spend a lot of time describing work experiences unrelated to research.
Be sure to include:
- Lab experiences with details about your role in the research Conferences attended, presentations, and publications
- Awards, honors, and scholarships
- Volunteer and extracurricular activities
- Relevant work experience
5. Send an electronic (scanned) version of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment.
Please note that your name and the name of your school should appear on the transcript. Unofficial or student copies are acceptable for the application. Participants selected for the program may be asked to provide an official transcript later.
**PLEASE NOTE: All required questions must be completed before submitting your application. To submit your application, please click the "Submit" button and follow the instructions provided below. This will send your completed application to our office.
You will be UNABLE to save your application. Please make sure that you have everything you need before beginning this application.
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2014 AT 4:30 PM CST.