Below, please find a description for each award category.
To nominate someone is simple:
1. A form must be filled out (one per nominee) before March 23. It is FREE to nominate.
2. Once you fill out the form, a Chamber representative will reach out to confirm the nomination and request additional information from the nominee.
3. Award recipients will be announced at a ceremony on April 20 at the Faena Forum. You must be present to receive your award.
Contact: Danny Diaz at 305-674-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have or to RSVP yourself for the event.
** Scroll Down Past Categories to Fill out Form.**
• Preservation of a Historic Residential Property (Single Family/Condo)• Preservation of a Historic Commercial Property • Adaptive Re-Use/Rehab of a Historic Building INNOVATIVE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS: The nominee has demonstrated a unique and unusual twist to the design. The property should show innovative architectural solutions, while creating striking and functional spaces. The building shall be an outstanding example of functionality, and design in the field of Architecture and take advantage of site and context. The project needs to be completed, but must have approval from all city boards. Uncompleted, projects can be submitted and will be considered for a “speculative” category. The nominee can be the architect or designer, Owner, Developer or other affiliates of the project will be credited. Categories include:
• Custom Single Family Home• Multi-family/condo • Commercial/mixed-use/hotel• Non completed/Speculative Projects (concepts and/or proposals)
INNOVATIVE DESIGNER AWARDS: The nominee has demonstrated exceptional creativity towards a completed project in Miami Beach either residential or commercial. The Design should be an exemplary vision of innovation and forward-thinking unique to Miami Beach’s identity. Nominee shall be Designer. Owner, Developer or other affiliates of the project will be credited. Categories include:
• Restaurant• Hotel MOST INNOVATIVE METHOD OF MARKETING AWARDS The nominee has proven to successfully break down barriers to how we think of marketing in the Real Estate field. They have taken a new approach to marketing and are leading the field by example. The more “out of the box” the better. They should have a tangible metric for showing the voting committee that their marketing approach is not only innovative, but works.
• Real Estate Agent or Licensed Professional • Real Estate Team• Branding the Beach – new category for professional in any real estate field that has used innovative marketing and branding strategies to position themselves and/or the project in a way that effectively & positively highlights the culture of Miami Beach to the rest of the world.
THE BETTER BEACH AWARDS: The nominee has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in terms of giving back to our community, city, and those around them. It can be an individual that has devoted time, resources and effort, and has endeavored and succeeded to make the Miami Beach community a better place. Categories include:
• Real Estate Industry Professional (agent/developer/industry at large)• Next-Gen/Millennial • Organization/Initiative
THE GREEN AWARDS – nominee has implemented exceptional sustainability practices in a recently completed project or as improvements to an existing project – open to all built projects regardless of completion date or genre. Categories include: • Project• Initiative
RISING STAR AWARD: REAL ESTATE AGENT: Within the first 24 months of their industry career, the nominee has hit the ground running and has taken the initiative to immerse themselves into the Real Estate industry and go above and beyond the minimum requirements and excel amongst their peers. The nominee has demonstrated expanding knowledge in the technological, marketing and professional education arenas. The top "Rising Stars" will be honored.
• Agent- Accepting the first 5 nominees per real estate firm located on the Beach.
RISING STAR AWARD: REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY: Within the first 24 months of their industry career, the nominee has hit the ground running and has taken the initiative to immerse themselves into the industry and go above and beyond the minimum requirements and excel amongst their peers. The nominee has demonstrated expanding knowledge in the technological, marketing and professional education arenas.
Real Estate Industry - We will accept nominations in any industry within the real estate community. Examples: Law, Banking, Title Companies, Developers, Architects, Insurance, Management Companies, etc.