Request edit access
The more you know...
There are about 6 billion people in the world, and 6,909 languages spoken. Some interesting facts about languages are:
* English is the most widely used "second" and "learning" language in the world used for international communication in various fields like aviation, business, internet, science and technology to name only some. English is spoken in 105 countries throughout the world, and it is official language in 83.
* Spanish is spoken in 44 countries, and it is official language in 21 countries.
* Chinese is official language in only 5 countries but it is spoken by more than 1 billion people, whereas English is spoken only by 500 million people.
* The 5 most widely spoken languages as a first language are: Chinese, Spanish, English, Arabic and Hindi.
* Papua New Guinea is the country that is home to the most languages, over 850 in all.
Which of the following are true:
The most spoken language in the world is English
The most learned language in the world is English
More people speak than Spanish than Italian
Chinese is an official language in more countries than English
Papua New Guinea has more than 800 languages
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service