Request edit access
1. Annie _________ that she could not attend classes next week.
told to her professors
said her professors
told her professors
is telling her professors
2. It is a ________ in the United States to eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
3. Marie's cousin is ________ law at one of the ivy-league universities in the East.
4. There's no advantage of rushing through your work if you are going to _______ a lot of mistakes.
5. The teacher won't _______ you use a dictionary during the test.
6. He seems _________ hard on the solution to the problem. Don't interrupt him.
to have worked
to be working
7. ________ don't we go for a walk?
8. Rob _______ his dog for a walk by the canal last night.
9. They saw a great film at the cinema three weeks _______.
10. I've never seen two people make friends so quickly – from the first day they got on like a _______ on fire.
11. Rio de Janeiro is famous for _______ carnival which takes place every February.
12. Hugh bought a mansion after he came ________ a lot of money.
13. They booked their holiday through the local travel agent, ______ went to a lot of trouble to find them a good resort.
14. Her pies are _______ delicious.
15. They _______ the unconscious man on the bed.
16. He sometimes mistakes Cathrene _______ her sister on the phone.
17. You ______ better lose some weight.
18. Surely you know it's rude to _______ people names?
19. Stop _______ sweets or you'll get fat.
20. The new theatre _________ next week.
will be opened
has been opened
21. _______ she couldn't afford it, she bought a new dress.
22. All passengers got ready to get off the train as it pulled _______ to the station.
23. It's five o'clock already, ________ it?
24. People will always disagree on what is responsible _______ global warming.
25. We'd like a _______, please, not a double. We're not a couple.
26. BBC Four is a digital TV _______ with serious content.
27. Come on! _______ we hurry, we'll miss the train.
28. Jose is having his motor-bike ________ today.
29. That _______ be David! He hasn't got a bike.
30. My tea is ________ hot to drink at the moment.
31. Every year thousands of people travel to Britain in order to improve their _______ of English.
32. Sally admitted that she was not _______ the mood to go out that night.
33. He was so tired that he fell _______ during the lecture.
34. _______ Alan for hours but he just doesn't answer the phone. I hope nothing's wrong
I've been calling
35. They're staying in rented accommodation for the time _______.
36. It took Graham a long time to ________ living in New Zealand.
be used to
get used to
37. The Prime minister was accused of _______ the truth.
38. The company is expected _______ a healthy profit this year.
39. I'd love _______ afford to take a month or two off.
that I will
to be able to
40. Do you think that if we _______ earlier we might not have missed the train?
have been leaving
41. Cars have been banned from the city centre, which makes the area much safer for _______.
42. This bag _______ to me.
43. Webb was a driver _______ a long time.
44. Frank ________ you but he didn't have time.
is to call
will have called
was going to call
45. How about ________ a party?
46. Would you mind _______ us alone?
if I leave
47. Can you _______ later?
pick up me
me pick up
pick me up
up pick me
48. Ed, Mum is here, talk to _______ about the new furniture.
49. Internet learning is an interesting _______ to traditional classroom lessons.
50. His achievements aroused great _______ among his peers.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service