Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time, degree-seeking UNDERGRADUATE student.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and/or transgender.
Award can be used throughout the academic year. The award can be applied to Spring 2015, Summer 2015, or Fall 2015. The award can be used by:
• Students who seek to enhance their learning through travel/study abroad experiences. The award can be applied toward the costs associated with a credit-bearing study abroad program sponsored by OHIO or another accredited institution.
• Students participating in travel experiences such as internships, academic/professional conferences, research projects, service trips, and immersion programs (international and domestic).
• Students who need assistance with tuition/fees or other university-related expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact the LGBT Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740*593*2515.
Application Process ~ To apply, students must submit the following on or before Friday November 20, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Application must include:
1. A completed application form (below).
2. Two reference letters ~ from someone who knows you personally, professionally, and/or academically (not a friend or relative). The reference is to help the selection committee better understand who you are as a student, leader on campus, and/or community activist. The letter can reflect your work both in and out of the classroom.
3. Two-page personal essay addressing the following questions:
--How do you embody / demonstrate a commitment to LGBT equality?
--How will this award help you in your studies?
--What are your personal, academic, and professional goals?
--How will this award allow you to positively impact the LGBT OHIO community, wider campus community, and the world?
Please submit application materials to:
354 Baker University Center
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
***Electronic Submissions (scanned documents) will also be accepted. Email forms to email@example.com***