Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time, degree-seeking UNDERGRADUATE student.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and/or transgender.
Award can be used throughout the academic year. The award can be applied to Spring 2015, Summer 2015, or Fall 2015. The award can be used by:
• Students who seek to enhance their learning through travel/study abroad experiences. The award can be applied toward the costs associated with a credit-bearing study abroad program sponsored by OHIO or another accredited institution.
• Students participating in travel experiences such as internships, academic/professional conferences, research projects, service trips, and immersion programs (international and domestic).
• Students who need assistance with tuition/fees or other university-related expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact the LGBT Center at email@example.com or 740*593*2515.
Application Process ~ To apply, students must submit the following on or before March 27, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
1. A completed application form (below).
2. Two reference letters ~ from someone who knows you personally, professionally, and/or academically (not a friend or relative). The reference is to help the selection committee better understand who you are as a student, leader on campus, and/or community activist. The letter can reflect your work both in and out of the classroom.
3. Two-page personal essay addressing the following questions:
--How do you embody / demonstrate a commitment to LGBT equality?
--How will this award help you in your studies?
--What are your personal, academic, and professional goals?
--How will this award allow you to positively impact the LGBT OHIO community, wider campus community, and the world?
IF AWARD IS FOR SPRING BREAK 2015, PLEASE CONTACT DELFIN AT BAUTISTA@OHIO.EDU FOR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES.
Please submit application materials to:
354 Baker University Center
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
***Electronic Submissions (scanned documents) will also be accepted. Email forms to firstname.lastname@example.org***