Integrative Technology Educator Award (ITE)- $1000 Award
Overview and Information
The Integrative Technology and Engineering Educator Award will honor several New Jersey Technology and Engineering Education Teachers for outstanding dedication, innovation and technology and engineering integration into their 21st century classroom. This award recognizes extraordinary contributions and performance by educators with an unrestricted cash award of $1,000 to each honoree.
This program has been created to:
1. Recognize educators who have demonstrated outstanding contributions and performance in the field of Technology Education.
2. Highlight the importance of iSTEM teaching practices in the 21st century classroom.
3. Increase participation in the organization to expose technology and engineering teachers to most current best practices.
To be eligible for consideration for the award, a technology or engineering educator must:
1. Demonstrate leadership and innovative practice in their content area.
2. Be employed as a teacher or subject area supervisor, at the time of application, in a position related to Technology Education grades K-12.
3. Be a current member of the New Jersey Technology & Engineering Educators Association.
4. Must not be on the NJTEEA executive board.
Upon acceptance of the award, the recipient agrees to:
1. Serve on the award selection committee the year following their receipt of the award.
2. Deliver a presentation at the NJTEEA Annual Conference regarding their described practice in the year following their receipt of the award.
3. Deliver a presentation at one professional conference other than the NJTEEA Annual Conference within two years following the receipt of the award.