Thank you for your interest in becoming a Team Coordinator!
This year we are restructuring Volunteer UGA so that as a community, we will truly accomplish our ultimate goal: greater collaboration with a diverse group of organizations. As a Team Coordinator, your primary responsibility is to foster a sense of community within your team, encourage them to plan events together and interact at community meetings. Teams will compete in service-oriented competitions (i.e. can drive), host V-Time, and participate in service events together.
Ultimately, as Team Coordinator, you are the connection between our member organizations and the Board of Directors. This position is essential in maintaining good relationships with our organizations as well as answering any questions they may have. It is important that Team Coordinators are people-oriented, attentive and consistent with email communication, and take the initiative to plan events and start conversations.
• Maintain a sense of community within your team
• Encourage collaborative events between organizations
• Coordinate V-Time (every third week) – this is a time for all VUGA organizations to socialize over free coffee and snacks in the CLS. Your team will sponsor/host V-Time every third week.
• Keep up with your organizations’ events and add them to the master VUGA calendar
• Plan semester service events for your team
• Attend VUGA BOD meetings bi-weekly
• Attend one organization meeting per week
Important Dates (mandatory):
August 18th - VUGA Board of Directors Retreat (4:00pm – 9:00pm)
August 24th- participation in the Dawg Day of Service (7:30 am – 5:00pm)
September 15th- VUGA Community Retreat
Sept. 4th, Oct. 2nd, Nov. 6th, and Dec. 4th – Community Meetings (6:30pm – 7:30pm)
Aug. 21, Sept. 4, Sept. 18, Oct. 2, Oct. 16, Oct. 30, Nov. 6, Nov. 13 – Board of Directors Meetings (5:30pm – 6:30pm)
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Director of Member Relations, Jaime Conner. at email@example.com.