Beginning this June 2019, the Morristown High School Athletic Department will be hosting sports physicals at Morristown High School at no cost for our student athletes.
The physicals will be conducted by our school sports medicine team from Atlantic Sports Health (ASH), and will include a routine examination, orthopedic examination, and internal examination. Additionally in the event one of our physicians finds a more detailed cardiac screening necessary, we will also have an EKG machine on-site.
The school hosted physicals will be conducted on:
Thursday June 20th 1 pm – 7 pm Friday June 21st 1 pm – 7 pm Monday June 24th 1 pm – 7 pm
• Each physical is valid for one year, however every student will still need to submit the health update form at the beginning of each athletic season as currently required.
• The physicals will take about 30 minutes per student athlete and scheduling for each date and time slot will be arranged and announced by the Athletic Training staff/coaches.
• If you cannot make it to the scheduled dates at the high school, you can arrange your own physical with Atlantic Sports Health to be conducted at their office by calling 973-971-6898. Please be advised that if the student and their parent/guardian schedules their physical with the ASH office to mention that the athlete is a Morristown High School student-athlete scheduling an appointment for a physical.
(Be advised that the MHS and ASH hosted physicals do not replace your child's annual physical with their pediatrician).
STUDENTS MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY MAY 31st!
What is required the day-of the physical appointment?
1. Student has been registered on the athletics web page sports physicals link with their parent no later than Friday May 31st
2. Student brings the signed permission slip and the completed at-home portion of the physical to their scheduled appointment (please note the MHS hosted physical cannot be conducted without these forms)
3. Signed/Dated Opioid Fact Sheet
4. Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
Additional requirements in addition to sports physical registration:
5. Register for your sport on athletics web page.
6. Have a valid Impact test
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN SUMMER WORKOUTS UNLESS THEY HAVE AN APPROVED PHYSICAL AND ARE CLEARED WITH A BLUE CARD!
Please reach out to our MHS Athletic Trainers, Ms. Cigol (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Nicholson (email@example.com), if you have questions.