Please follow these guidelines for if you answered YES to any of these questions:
If the answer is YES to any of the questions in Section One AND YES to any of the questions in Section Two Call your healthcare provider right away to get evaluated and tested for COVID-19. If you don’t have one or cannot be seen, go to www.mi.gov/coronavirustest
or call 2-1-1 to find a location to have your child(ren) tested for COVID-19.
If the answer is YES to any of the symptom questions, but NO to any close contact/potential exposure questions, your student may return based on the guidance for their symptoms:
• Fever: at least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medications
• Sore throat: improvement (if strep throat: do not return until at least 2 doses of antibiotic have been taken);
• Cough/Shortness of breath: improvement
• Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain: no diarrhea or vomiting for 24 hours
• Severe headache: improvement
If the answer is NO in Section 1, but YES in Section Two for being in close contact with someon with a confirmed case of COVID-19, your student should be tested. However, if they answer YES to having close contact with a person under quarantine and they have not tested positive for COVID-19, they may return to school if quarantined person and student do not have symptoms. If there is any question of whether your student should come to school, please contact the school building office or your healthcare provider for clarification.