Request edit access
Student Interview (Grade 2-5)
Waimea Elementary Guided Visit November 7, 2017
Grade Level Visited
1. How do you show the speaker that you're listening?
Stop what I'm Doing (Including Talking)
Think about what the speaker says
Ask and Answer questions
Look and track the speaker
2. What resources do you use to help you write well?
GLAD Poster (Sentence Patterning Chart, Pictorial Input Chart, Group Paragraph, etc.)
Text, books, articles, etc.
3. What do you need to have in your paragraph(s)?
Introduction, Topic Sentence, Beginning, etc.
Body, supporting details, etc.
Text Evidence, Examples, etc.
Conclusion, Closing, Ending, etc.
Indentation, Capitalization, Punctuation, Spelling, Mechanics, etc.
4. When your teacher gives you a prompt, how do you start your writing? (Probe more if they say pencil)
5. How do you know that you have answered the prompt correctly?
6. What would your topic sentence sound like to this prompt: How can you be healthier?
7. Does the student use words from the prompt to create a complete topic sentence?
Student restated prompt
Student DID NOT restate prompt
8. How do you support your answer to a prompt?
Use text evidence
Ideas from a graphic organizer
9. During this interview did the student answer you in complete sentences?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Waimea Elementary School.
Terms of Service