Request edit access
Central Mission 2017-2018 Youth Council
The Central Mission Youth Council gives young people in high school the opportunity to work with the youth minister in providing opportunities to create meaningful programs, fun events, serve communities and experience God in fresh ways. Not only will the council help create new activities but will provide feedback of current ministries so together we can work to reach more young people. This council serves as an opportunity for young people to be involved with ministry for themselves and peers.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2017
Applicant Interviews: September 27, 2017
Desired Youth Council Qualifications
- Must be in grades 9th-12th.
- Enthusiastic about the Community of Christ!
- Have an understanding about the Community of Christ and it's identity, message, mission and beliefs.
- Willing to volunteer/participate when needed.
- Strong desire to serve communities.
- Leadership skills such as speaking, organizing projects, active listening, and problem solving.
- Able to work well with other people.
- Registered Youth Worker with the Community of Christ.
- Has ideas for how to actively engage peers with Christ Mission.
- Knowledge of social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Willing to adept in situations.
- Passionate about social justice issues.
1. Meet as a council to help provide quality events and experiences for peers, and attend all meetings.
2. Brainstorm new ideas to keep young people engaged with Christ's Mission on a congregational, Mission Center, and World Church level.
3. Give input on Central Mission activities such as Rally, Elevate, camps, retreats and more.
4. Maintain a spiritual and personal growth.
5. When needed, volunteer/participate at Mission Center sponsored events and workshops.
6. Be active in congregational life within the Community of Christ.
7. Create sub-comities and projects to help support Mission Center and community events/activities.
8. Attend at least one Elevate per month.
9. Attend Central Mission youth camps and trips.
10. Attend fall youth retreat.
11. Help with youth ministries organizational tasks such as mailers and social media advertisements.
12. Reach out to peers and promote upcoming activities.
13. Willing to adapt as the youth council evolves and changes.
14. Attend trainings, workshops, or retreats as a council to grow as a group of leaders.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service