Request edit access
Make-A-Wish Michigan Volunteer Orientation Quiz
First and Last Name
1. I have already submitted my volunteer application to the Volunteer Services Department
No, but i will be doing it soon!
2. The mission of Make-A-Wish Michigan is to grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
3. What was the wish of Chris Greicius, the boy who inspired the formation of Make-A-Wish.
To go to Walt Disney World
To ride in a helicopter
To be a fireman
To be a police officer
4. Approximately how many volunteers are there in Michigan?
More than 700
More than 900
More than 800
5. Every county in the United States has a Make-A-Wish chapter serving it's children
6. *check all that apply* Our funding sources come from
In-Kind donations (donations of goods and services)
Individual and corporate donations
Products and promotion
7. What is Make-A-Wish Michigan's largest signature event of the year?
Walk for Wishes
Trailblaze Challenge Endurance Hike
Wish-A- Mile Bicycle Tour (otherwise known as WAM)
8. What percentage of each dollar goes directly to our wish-granting program?
9. *Check all that apply* Who can refer a child to our organization?
The parents or legal guardians
The child's teacher
A family friend
Anybody on the child's medical team (doctors, nurses, social workers, child life specialists, etc.)
A close family member with extensive knowledge on the child's condition
10. *Check all that apply* What are the three eligibility requirements?
Has a terminal illness
Never received a wish before
Diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition that has been confirmed by a physician
Is between the age of 2 1/2 and 18 at the time of referral
11. At the initial meeting with the child and family, volunteers are there to visit with the child and get to know him/her, discover the child’s most heartfelt wish, and go over some initial paperwork with the family.
12. What are the four official wish types?
I wish to be
I wish to create
I wish to go
I wish to have
I wish to give
I wish to meet
13. How will you, as a volunteer, hear about our upcoming volunteer opportunities most often?
Weekly email newsletters called the "Volunteer Voice" or "Volunteer Opportunities"
Newsletters sent to your home
Phone calls from the volunteer services department
Checking our website often
14. To be a wish-granting volunteer, you must be at least _____ years old
15. The people to contact for all of your volunteer needs include Hanna Roszczenko, Volunteer Manager, and Megan McGillis, Volunteer Coordinator.
True, we cannot wait to get to know you!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service