Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Request

Please download the form so that you can fill it out BEFORE printing. Many CPT's have been delayed because students do not follow ALL the instructions. Please make sure your employment letter has everything requested in the instructions.

a) Undergraduate Hospitality/ Hotel students:

b) All other students:

Jobs and Internships: You must submit an employment letter. Sample letters are available at:

Volunteers: Submit the volunteer posting, confirmation that you have been accepted, and the address where you are volunteering.

SSN: If you need a Social Security Number, you can only apply once you pick up your new CPT I-20. View instructions at:

Need more help? You can give the following one-sheet on your ability to legally work in the U.S.A to your employer:

University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS)
4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 451035
Las Vegas, NV 89154
Telephone: (702) 774-6477