The online form will be ready at 1:15 p.m on Friday, September 4th.
ANY SUBMISSION BEFORE THAT TIME WILL NOT BE HONORED.
1) Submit the form only once.
2) You must be available to perform in class once or twice throughout the semester, during the MUAP 357 time, Monday/Wednesday, 12:20-1:10pm).
3) Incomplete or inaccurate forms will NOT be accepted.
- You must be specific with the repertoire that needs a pianist in terms of title, movements, etc.
- You must list a lesson day & time. This immensely affects your chances of getting assigned a pianist.
- If your lesson time "varies," you will need to work with your pianist's schedule.
The accompanist assignments will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, but also depending on the needs of the Accompanying Class. You will receive a notification either on September 10th or 11th. If you have not received an email by then, you have not received a pianist. Only those receiving a pianist will be notified.
The submission of an "Accompanist Request Form," even on Friday exactly at 1:15pm, does NOT guarantee that you will be assigned a pianist from the Accompanying Class. There are a limited number of pianists available and many schedules and ability levels to accommodate. Also realize that this is a class which teaches pianists how to collaborate with other musicians. The pianists are at varying stages of learning.
If you have already made arrangements with a pianist, you MUST still fill out a form! Please be sure to indicate the name of the pianist with whom you have made arrangements.