The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Section on Public Health & Preventive Medicine
4th Annual Public Health Day Symposium, April 3, 2017
As a public health professional, you are invited to submit a proposal for presentation at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia’s Section on Public Health & Preventive Medicine’s Fourth Annual Public Health Day Symposium to be held at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia on Monday, April 3, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. The Public Health Day Symposium kicks off Public Health Week and provides a unique collaborative environment for all academic, community, and government public health professionals in the greater Philadelphia region. The deadline for submitting proposals is March 3, 2017, at 5pm.
The presentation could be about program design, program implementation, or program evaluation and should be based on data analysis. The format of the Symposium is that each presenter has five minutes to orally present his/her topic. After ten presentations, the presenters will each be assigned a table where they can discuss their program in more detail for about 45 minutes. Conference participants will be able to circulate among these tables to learn more about the programs.
The Public Health Day Symposium is designed for professionals in the field of public health to present their work. Students are encouraged to attend to learn more about the public health activities occurring in our community. Students will have the opportunity to present their work at the Student Poster Session at the College on May 9, 2017.
Thank you for your interest,
Amalia M. Issa, PhD, MPH, FCPP, Chair. Public Health Day Symposium
DIRECTIONS AND INFORMATION
Please provide the following:
• The topic area that the oral presentation will address
• A title
• A brief (350 word limit) explanation of how the presentation will address the topic.
• Please select a program or initiative from your public health organization or unit that addresses the collaborative linkages (for example an academic program might select an area where they are actively partnering with a state or county health department; or a community public health organization might select an initiative in which they worked with state legislatures to change a policy). Please indicate the number of people your program/initiative impacts and specify the public health impact.
• You may submit more than one proposal for presentation from your organization if you wish.
• Presenter(s) must be public health professionals (i.e. no student presentations please).
However, students are encouraged to attend the session because it would give them an
opportunity to meet the public health professionals in the Delaware Valley Area.
• This is an oral presentation, no powerpoints or posters will be accepted.
Email Meredith Sellers with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Symposium will take place on April 3, 8:30am - 12:30pm at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, 19 South 22nd St, Philadelphia PA 19130. Submissions are due by 5pm, March 3, 2017.