• 10:00AM-1:00PM Registration and Team Check In
• 10:00-11:00 AM Team Arrival Time
• 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Craft Build/Craft Inspection
• 1:00 PM Participant Meeting at the Red Bull Event Vehicle -Sugga
• 1:30 PM Transport Crafts to the top of the hill
• 2:00 PM Event Start
• 4:00 PM Awards Ceremony/Photo/Clean-up
Short Description of the Event:
Schlittentag is the German word for “sledding day”. Put simply, it translates as “daredevils willing to propel themselves down a snow-covered hill and over a jump on a sled they built themselves”. This will be the most winter fun you’ve had sitting down. Three person teams will stretch their imagination to build the wildest, fastest sled this side of the Alps. One will be the pilot and the two others will help give their sled the push it needs to win the race and the fame and fortune that follows.
• Teams will consist of 3 people and may have 1-3 people riding the sled down, however, one person must be designated as “pilot”
• Only one person has to be on or with the sled as it crosses the finish line
• No prefabricated sleds
• No engines or batteries or external energy sources
• No launching from your craft (intentionally) or launching any items from it
• No throwing anything while coming down the hill
• No fire, No pyro (firecrackers/torches/etc)
• No use of power tools on site during build out
• No smoke of any kind - especially using dry ice
• Drivers must be at least 18 yrs old
• Craft has to make it down the course to be considered in the competition
• You can crash, stand up and start down again.
• Helmets must be worn by all 3 teammates during launch
Participants will be judged on three things, earning up to ten points for each category.
• Fastest Time
• Distance “flown” off of Kicker
Sled Drop Off and Clean-up:
• Please Drop your sled off just before you reach the gated entrance in the Taos Ski Valley Parking Lot. Look for the Red Bull Arch and Registration Sign.
• Then go and park your vehicle and take the shuttle back to sled drop off to register
• When the event is over please take your sled back to the sled drop off area and load back into your vehicle and take it home so you can use it again next year
Song and Dance:
• If you want us to play your theme song please bring it burnt onto a CD that you will not get back. Write your team name on the CD. If you do not bring a CD then we will play a song for you. All music must be family friendly and we have the right to not play them.
• Please have a pre-run dance or silent skit you can do up top before your run, this will add to your creativity score.
• The first place team will receive airfare and hotel to Dallas from ABQ for Red Bull Flugtag on September 15th.
• 2nd and 3rd Place winners will win tickets to Edgefest in Albuquerque at Isleta Amphitheater on May 5th featuring The Killers, Cake, Minus the Bear, Bad Religion, Youngblood Hawke, Shiny Toy Guns & Middle Class Rut.
ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR REGISTRATION WE WILL SHOOT YOU BACK AN EMAIL WITH SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION
Prepare to have the time of your life...