PLEASE READ: Procedures & Protocols for Appearances
If you are interested in booking Ray for an event, please complete this Appearance Request Form below. The Department of Public Instruction school nutrition team and/or Carolina Hunger Initiative at UNC will be in contact with you.
1. Ray is available upon request with a MINIMUM TWO-WEEK notice.
2. The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction reserves the right to refuse any appearance. All requests will be left to the discretion of NCDPI.
3. Ray will always appear with at least one helper. The performance will based upon the details that are provided on the Appearance Request Form. Please be VERY clear about your expectations of Ray for your event. These are non-performance appearances which could include a meet and greet, photos with event guests, teaching a clinic, or handing out event giveaways, etc.
4. Ray appearances will be a maximum of two hours due to performance and travel limitations.
5. Ray and helper(s) SPECIFIC NOTES: will arrive 15 minutes prior to his/her start time in order to change into costume. Please note that outdoor events require that Ray take a 10-minute break every 20 minutes, and/or as needed.
6. Ray and helpers will require a PRIVATE changing room away from guests and a place where the mascot belongings can be stored during the event. Bathrooms are NOT acceptable.
7. If alcohol is being served while Ray is at your event, Ray must be stationed away from the area where it is being served. Also, please note that if guests become rowdy or inappropriate, these performers are instructed to leave immediately.
8. Water MUST be provided to Ray and helpers at events.
9. Appropriate parking arrangements must be available for Ray and helpers.
10. Additional details, procedues, or protocols might be shared with you ahead of your event.