Out of District Rules and Regulations and Application Procedures
Out of District Applicants will be accepted based on (1) space and program availability and (2) behavior/attendance suitability. Applications must be renewed annually.
1) Please attach official transcripts and standardized assessment testing data (State Assessments, NWEA, etc.). Also include any information related to Exception Learning Needs, if you checked "yes" above. (If current out-of-district student, this is not needed)
2) Please provide a copy of attendance record if not a current Primero student. Please explain any absences above six (6) in any year.
3) A letter of interest must be included with you application explaining why you are interested in attending Primero and how you will contribute in a positive manner to the learning environment.
4) Only completed applications will be considered.
5) Each application will be reviewed individually. No priority will be given for other family members already in attendance at Primero or siblings applying for out-of-district applications. Each family member must complete a separate application form.
6) If a student enrollment cap is reached, all eligible applicants will be selected by lottery.
7) Students who are accepted will be enrolled on a conditional basis and must re-apply annually.
8) Students may be placed on a behavior plan and/or attendance contract. Students who violate their contracts may be asked to return to their district of residence.
9) Applicants acknowledge Primero School's right to revoke Out-Of-District approval for the following conditions: (1) Poor attendance (2) Excessive tardiness (3) Non-compliance with school rules and regulations (4) History of behavior problems (5) Poor academic performance (6) Misrepresentation of information.
(10) Please note: High school students need to be aware that transferring schools may impact athletic eligibility, based on Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSSA) Transfer rules. Contact the Primero Athletic Director (AD) for more information.