Online Course on Thematic Essence Study of Priti Sandarbha
When: Every Friday & Saturday Night (8-10pm US/EST time) / Every Saturday/Sunday Mornings (Asia time)
Duration: 36 Lessons
Fees: FREE of Cost with a condition of atleast 70% attendance. This is to discourage irresponsible dropouts.
Course Facilitator: Carucandra das (Dr. Chandrakant P. Giri, Ph.D.), disciple of H.H. Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj. At 76, he just earned his postgraduate degree in philosophy, science, and religion from the U of Edinburgh, U.K. (Aug 2020).Beginning Sep 2021, he aspires to go for his 2nd PhD., but now in philosophy, science & religion [Gaudiya Vaiṣṇava philosophy (GVP)].He has been conducting thematic essence-based courses on GVP for the past two decades. The projects he completed thus far include BG, NOD, NOI, ISO, all 12 Cantos of SB, CC, five of the Six Sandarbhas, Bṛhad- & Laghu-Bhagavatāmṛtas, and Gopāla-tāpanī-Upaniṣad.
Course Start Date/Time:
- ~15th Jan 2021 (08:00 - 10:00 PM), US/EST Time
- ~16th Jan 2021 (05:30 - 07:30 AM), India Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
- ~16th Jan 2021 (08:00 - 10:00 AM), Singapore Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
- ~16th Jan 2021 (09:00 - 11:00 AM), Japan Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
Priti Sandarbha being a fairly advanced course, the aspiring devotee must have been chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra and should have prerequisite exposures to Bhagavad-gita As It Is, Nectar of Devotion, and SB (at least the first two cantos).
While the Priti Sandarbha course is being offered online live via video teleconferencing and PowerPoint (PPT) presentations, the audio transcripts of the classes and PPTs should be available later for those who may happen to miss the live ones.
The students can interactively participate from the comfort of their own homes and that too @ NO COST to them In exchange, however, we require that they must post a minimum of 70% attendance record solely to discourage irresponsible drop-outs.
- PowerPoint presentations
- Live interactive participation across the globe.
- Access to previously recorded sessions
- Q&A Sessions
- Optional homework questions for active reading
Where: In the comfort of your own home through live video conference over the Internet
- Carucandra Pr: email@example.com
- Sanjiv Keswani Pr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : www.facebook.com/BhaktiShastra
-THE SIX SANDARBHAS BY ŚRĪLA JĪVA GOSVĀMĪ [JG] (Śrī Tattva-, Bhāgavata-, Paramātmā-, Kṛṣṇa-, Bhakti- and Prīti-Sandarbha) comprise an in-depth explanation of the essential teachings of Śrīmad Bhāgavatam (SB) which is the essence of the Vedas, or the commentary on the Vedānta-sūtra.
- ŚRĪ PRĪTI-SANDARBHA [PS] is the last of the SIX SANDARBHAS, in which JG defines Prīti, or the unalloyed love of Bhagavan Śrī Kṛṣṇa, as prayojana, or the ultimate goal of human form of life. The descriptions of the love of God include its transcendental nature, characteristics, manifestation, the qualities of its different stages, and, most importantly, HOW KṚṢṆA MAKES THE DEVOTEES FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM.
- Volume 2 of PS is exclusively devoted to the advanced descriptions of the 12 primary and secondary rasas, especially the nature and moods of Vraja gopīs headed by Śrī Rādhā in mādhurya, or śṛṅgāra-rasa, or the mellows of pure love of Gopāla Kṛṣṇa, the cowherd boy in Vraja. Śrī Rādhā is even more glorious than the 16,000 queens of Lord Kṛṣṇa of Mathurā & Dvārakā.