Thank you for your interest in planting habitat to support honey bees, monarch butterflies, native pollinators, and other wildlife!
Before you begin an application please have these items ready:
1. Review the Program Guidelines
2. Know your UTM location, which can be found on this website (Find UTM Coordinates
) or this mobile app "GPS Map Camera: Geotag Photos". We recommend the mobile app which allows you to take pictures at the location and it will insert the UTM on the photo. See the Seed A Legacy home page for instructions on both options.
3. Cropping history for the past two years. If the site is currently in existing grass you are not ready to plant.
Check out site preparation guidance in the Pollinator Habitat Establishment & Management Guide
4. Have several site pictures ready to upload. You'll need 2 aerial photos and 3 site photos. See the Seed A Legacy home page for instructions.
5. If you are pursuing funding from other sources for your project (USDA programs, state programs, etc...), we suggest you get their approval to use our seed mixtures prior to applying.
Please complete all required fields; answer N/A if a question does not apply or your application will not successfully submit. Click the SUBMIT button to complete your application.