Local companies with LGBT Affinity Groups will be notified of the annual award, and nominations will be accepted through December 14, 2012. Award information and criteria will be posted on the HRC website and distributed through publications as widely as possible. The award will be formally presented at the HRC Greater Cincinnati Gala in February.
The application for the award collects information that will help in the award selection process:
• Name and contact information of person completing application.
• The LGBT Affinity Group being nominated.
• The date that the LGBT Affinity Group was founded.
• The efforts this LGBT Affinity Group made over the past two years to engage LGBT employees within the company.
• The efforts this LGBT Affinity Group has made over the past two years to educate and engage straight allies.
• Ways in which this LGBT Affinity Group has been advocating for changes in company policies.
• Ways in which this LGBT Affinity group has affected recent changes in LGBT policies, and how the LGBT Affinity Group was involved in this process.
• (If this company is rated on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index) How this company’s LGBT Affinity group helped to improve its score on the HRC’s CEI scale.
• Events in which the LGBT Affinity group attempted to engage the local community.
• Ways in which this LGBT Affinity Group worked with ERG Groups from other companies to share best practices.
• Ways in which this LGBT Affinity Group worked with other Employee Resource Groups within the same company.
• Traits that distinguish this LGBT Affinity Group from LGBT Affinity Groups at other local companies.
The Board of Governors will vote to select the LGBT Affinity Group with the most outstanding characteristics. They will then present their suggested winner/nominee to the Steering Committee for final vote and approval.
The winner of the award will be formally announced at the HRC Greater Cincinnati Gala in February.
HRC Greater Cincinnati “LGBT Affinity Group of the Year Award” Nomination Form
Using the HRC Greater Cincinnati LGBT Affinity Group of the Year Award, the HRC Greater Cincinnati Steering Committee will honor one employee resource group per year for its outstanding efforts in promoting equality for LGBT people in the workplace and in the Greater Cincinnati Community.