The Office of Student Leadership and Service and the Environmental Sustainability Initiative (ESI) are pleased to announce the availability of mini grants to make student events and activities on and off campus more sustainable. The purpose of the mini grants is to encourage students and participating faculty and staff to develop more sustainable practices when planning and executing group events.
• Awards will be given for a minimum of $50 and a maximum of $500.
• Any student or student organization organizing a group event on or off campus can apply for the funds.
• Applications will be accepted throughout the year until funds are exhausted.
• Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of the event/project.
• Funds will be disbursed through a reimbursement process and applicants must provide to be reimbursed.
• Applications must include a proposal and an itemized budget when applying for the funds.
• A committee of faculty and staff will make final decisions on funding and notify the applicants when the review is complete.
• Funds can be used to make any aspect of the event (promotional materials, food, materials, t-shirts, services, etc.) more sustainable which will be used, shared, or made available to all event participants.