Request edit access
Vandana Shiva Pol-Soc Podcast Quiz
Complete the Quiz below and click 'submit'. You should get feedback and a score out of 50 immediately...
1. What name was given to the big change in Agriculture that took place in the late 1950s and 1960s led by Norman Borlaug?
The Agricultural Revolution
The Farming Revolution
The Green Revolution
The Organic Revolution
2. With which organization (choose 2) would you most closely associate the work of Vandana Shiva?
The International Monetary Fund
The World Bank
The UN Development Programme
3. Identify the names of 3 of Shiva's most popular books:
The Violence of the Green Revolution
Soil Not Oil
Staying Alive - Women Ecology, and Development
4. Shiva doesn't like to use the phrase "Climate Change". What phrase does she prefer?
5. Examine the Graphic (Below). What name does Shiva give to the process described here?
6. Which strain of rice (which is fortified with Vitamin A) does Shiva object to, calling it a "hoax"?
7. What phrase does Shiva give to the idea that farmers should be able to save, bank, and distribute their own seed - and not remain dependent on GM seeds?
8. Shiva rejects the idea of which other Key Thinker who argued a resource held 'in common' can become property when mixed with labour?
Fr Sean McDonagh
9. What idea do ecologist use to describe the "variety of plant and animal life in the world or in a particular habitat, a high level of which is usually considered to be important and desirable."
10. What phrase describes "the cultivation of a single crop in a given area", which Shiva sharply opposes?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The King's Hospital.
Terms of Service