Job Description (full description with outcomes is available at: http://www.collegecentral.com/mckendree/):
Campus Activities Office Assistants are the initial office contact to students, staff and visitors. They provide assistance to those who want to learn more about the services that Campus Activities offers which includes: Registered Student Organization registration, resources, and services; campus-wide programming opportunities through the Campus Activities Board, work study opportunities through The Lair and concessions, and New Student Orientation. They provide essential office support including: scheduling meetings with Campus Activities staff, work study employees, and other Registered Student Organizations, running errands, managing multiple resources, managing mail deliveries, filing, maintaining document records and assisting with the overall function of the office.
• Current full-time McKendree University student
• Great customer service attitude is required
• Basic knowledge of the University & campus
• Ability to work with a diverse customer base
• Adequate typing ability and computer skills; general knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to observe confidentiality about departmental functions, business, etc,.
• Driver's License
• Federal Work Study required
• Previous office or customer service experience
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations and services of the Campus Activities Office, The Lair, and registered student organizations.
• This position works approximately. 5-10 hours per week. Standard hours for the Campus Activities Office are: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Scheduled hours depend upon availability and work study allotments. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
• Assist with clerical work as assigned by staff. Clerical work includes, but is not limited to: computer data entry, word processing, filing, coordinating mailings, collating/assembly of packets, photocopying, printing, updating files and calendars, and distributing mail to staff mail boxes.
• Support and maintain all department functions: update rosters, databases, and websites, assist in billing, club organization and club registration.
• Assist with the creation/distribution/retrieval of flyers, posters, and promotional materials as requested.
• Staff department tables and booths as assigned.
• Be aware of office procedures for various routine tasks.
• Be familiar with expectations regarding the quality of work.
• Assist customers in every way possible.
• Be aware of the daily events occurring in the building.
• Receive incoming calls; answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties.
• Announce the arrival of appointments and/or walk-in’s to the appropriate staff.
• Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
• All Office Assistants must be familiar with Campus Activities Office procedures, as well as Registered Student Organization policies and procedures. Training is provided.
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Activities.