Request edit access
Paulo Freire Quiz
You should get a mark out of 40 as soon as you click the 'submit' button!
7. What geometric description did Freire give to education where teacher-students and student-teachers interacted?
1. In which country was Paulo Freire born, and where he first implemented his educational ideas
5. "Neither pure thought nor activism are enough on their own for Paulo Freire. A synthesis of the two is needed". What single word does Freire use to describe this idea of thought and action?
2. What term does Freire use to describe the awakening from 'oppressive and dehumanizing' education systems? (It's also sometimes known as 'critical consciousness')
8. Education that tries to bring about an awareness of the oppressive structures around you, and adopts a 'problem posing' structure is know as L___________ Education.
3. Complete the following quotation, that describes the form of education that is categorized by rote memorization and repetition of facts and formulas: "The __________ concept of Education"
4. Freire struggled during his own education, falling 4 years behind because of his family's poverty. This made him aware for the rest of his life that “My social condition didn't allow me to have an education. Experience showed me once again the relationship between social class and knowledge.” What do you think might have contributed to his own drop off in his educational progress?
He was too busy playing Fortnite
His parents were too cheap to get him one-on-one grinds
He was often too hungry to concentrate properly
His iPad couldn't upload the latest IOS system update (really annoying isn't it...)
6. Freire's most famous work is known as the "_____________ of the Oppressed"
10. Freire argues that the current education system 'Dehumanizes' his pupils and teachers. What does this word mean?
It prepares them really well for state exams
It Doesn't care about whether they go to a public or private school
It wants them to look like super-models
It treats them as if they aren't real people, only a cog in a bigger system
9. The closest thing we have in Ireland to a Freire-type school is...
The Institute of Education
The Steiner School in Raheen Wood, County Clare
Nord Anglia school in Leopardstown
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The King's Hospital.