Greetings from Aranya
As we prepare to host the 3rd National Permaculture Convergence at Aranya, We are actively looking for dedicated volunteers within the permaculture community ( PDC Holders only) to join us for a one month volunteering opportunity.
Individuals with expertise in at least one of the following areas are preferred : Documentation (writing), Photography, Artist, Carpentry, Welding/Electrical work, natural building. Additionally, we are open to remote volunteers who can assist with Digital Illustrations and Poster Making.
Please see the volunteering period ends on the 25th of November
We are a warm, friendly family and community of permaculturists, environmentalists and lovers of all things nature. Aranya Permaculture Academy is a 11.5 acres farm, nestled amidst a protected forest area and a eucalyptus plantation about 10 kms from Zahirabad, Telangana. We thank you for showing interest in being a short term volunteer with us.
Here are a few tips and guidelines that will orient you to our way of life at Aranya.
Tips and Guidelines:
- We eat simple vegetarian food, which is served to all the residents including our course participants, long term volunteers and staff. If you have any food allergies please let us know so we can inform our kitchen staff.
- We believe in reducing our use of plastic, therefore we request you to carry the plastic you bring with you from the city back to the city, including cigarette buds if you are a smoker.
- We request you to carry your own water bottle, hat, headlamp, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, comfortable shoes, rain protective gear, towels and toiletries for your use.
- Having a valid International/Indian driving license will be an added advantage.* (Can be added for long term volunteer form)*
- Our field work mostly happens with the help of local community members, we at Aranya respect each and everyone’s way of life and expressing themselves through what they wear, however to avoid any uncomfortable situation we request you to dress modestly at the premises.
- For the health and safety of the volunteers, course participants and our staff residing on premises, if you have any contagious health issue we request you to refrain from volunteering and take care of your health first and stay home!
- We provide tent accommodation to our volunteers, with shared bathroom facilities. Keeping your tent zipped up at all times will protect you and your belongings from being overtaken by insects, animals that are looking for a warm cozy space to sleep in.
Trust and Understanding:
1. We have a NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOL policy while you are a volunteer with us, smoking only in the designated areas provided you throw the cigarette butts/filters in the ash tray or the waste bins meant for plastic. WE WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY, if you are found under the influence of any kind of drugs or alcohol or any behaviour that is not accepted here .
2. We all share some common areas, example: Dining Area, Dormitories, Bathrooms. Basic cleanliness and hygiene is expected after use.
3. You will be provided with a plate, glass and cutlery for your use during your volunteering term with us, you will be responsible for cleaning it after use.
4. We request you to bring your tent and sleeping bag along if you own one (if you don’t that’s okay )
5. Dress appropriately , as we work with farming community from near by villages. Culture needs to be respected.
** FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
1. We request you to purchase a local number for your convenience as we have limited internet connectivity which can be erratic at times, so VOIP calls are quite sketchy.
2. Please carry soft copy of your passport, visa and a passport size photograph to make it easier for us to fill the FOREIGN NATIONAL FORM ‘C’ on your behalf.
3. Please carry the original copy of the documents that will be uploaded for the above mentioned form.