The Rochester Chapter of the Society of Technical Communication invites students, academics, and professionals from the communications fields to present current work, research, challenges, and successes. Our main focus is on the technical communications field and its intersections. We are looking to expand our tools, learn new techniques, visit or revisit foundation communication skills, gain deeper understandings of all perspectives, share experiences, and discuss the wonderful world of communications.
We are looking to fill approximately 8 months of programs. Program day and time to be negotiated between the chapter and presenter(s). The call will remain open until all sessions are filled.
- Programs should last approximately 45minutes. The entire event will be scheduled for an hour to allow time for introductions and chapter closing remarks.
- Q&A time is always appreciated.
- All programs for the 2021-2022 chapter year will be virtual.
The following intersections with technical communication are of particular interest:
- Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Strategies
- Complex Information Systems
- User Interfaces
- User Advocacy
- Social Media
- Project Management
- Social Justice
- Structured Authoring
- Content Migration
- Trends in Tech Comm
- Data Collections, Metrics, and Analytics
- Managing Tech Comm Teams
- Document Design
- Developing, Mentoring, Training, and Teaching
Please note, sales pitches, marketing demos, and other solicitations are not eligible for submission.