The technical and performance schedule is based on REDCAT’s desire to present new works in an informal setting. Each project selected for the program is provided a half-hour time slot the Sunday of the run to set light and sound cues and deal with basic staging issues. If your vision of the piece cannot be realized in this short time, the work might best be presented through another REDCAT program. For more information, visit redcat.org
There is a $100 stipend for each piece presented.
1. Review the application in order to prepare your answers for the online application.
View it here: http://www.redcat.org/sites/redcat.org/files/redcat_sheet/linked-files/2012-04/ApplicationSummer2012.pdf
2. Complete and submit this online application
3. Encouraged: Include ONE three-to- five minute web-based work sample i.e YouTube.
1. Applications are due by 5:00 pm: SUNDAY, MAY 13, 2012.
2. Showings are scheduled for: SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2012. REDCAT will schedule showing times and call selected artists for a showing.
3. Performances are scheduled for: SUNDAY & MONDAY, JUNE 24 – 25, 2012 at 8:30PM
Participants must be available for a morning technical rehearsal and afternoon dress on the day of the first performance, and for both evening performances. The same program is presented both Sunday, June 24, and Monday, June 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm.
To be considered for a showing, please complete the following online form. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 213-237-2816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.