Tentative Schedule (Subject to change):
Wednesday, December 11, 2013:
• NAA Bus Departure from Newtown 6AM
• Arrive in Washington D.C. 12PM
• Press Conference 1:00PM
• Deliver letters, & holiday cards w/ invitation to participate in Acts of Kindness 2-6PM
Thursday, December 12, 2013:
• Volunteer/Acts of Kindness 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (w/ breaks for lunch)
• National Vigil for all gun violence victims 3:45-5PM
• NAA Bus Departure to Newtown 6:30PM
We are fundraising to offer financial assistance to immediate family members of victims and survivors of gun violence who would like to participate and/or attend any or all the events planned. Residents from Newtown and other areas from Connecticut may travel on the chartered bus(es) departing from Newtown on December 11th as space allows.
We are in the process of negotiating for discounted group rates for lodging and we hope to offer grants to offset some of the travel and lodging expenses for the families of victims and survivors of gun violence. We will be asking our guests to make their own travel arrangements.