Recognition Form: New International Fair Trade Charter
This form aims to act as a tool for your organisation to recognise the new International Fair Trade Charter, and to suggest ways in which you can publicly promote the Charter.
The Charter was launched on the 25th September 2018.
*Por favor encuentre el formulario en español aquí:
The International Fair Trade Charter has been produced to establish a common reference point for all the organisations and networks that share a common vision of a world in which everyone, through their work, can maintain a decent and dignified livelihood and develop their full human potential.
In order that the International Fair Trade Charter may be recognised as the common reference document for the movement, organisations that want to refer to fair trade in any capacity, are invited to read and sign the following undertaking.
On behalf of the undersigned organisation:
1. We acknowledge the International Fair Trade Charter as a common reference document for the global Fair Trade movement.
2. When talking or writing about Fair Trade we will use the approaches explained in the Fair Trade Charter as the basis for explanation or discussion.
3. We understand that the Charter is not a manual of Fair Trade practices or a standard by which the approach of specific organizations can be assessed. We have read and understood the statement in the Charter that “this document cannot therefore be used to justify the Fair Trade claims or credentials of any organisation, business, or network”.
4. Accordingly we understand that recognizing the International Fair Trade Charter does not endow us or any of our activities or practices with any Fair Trade status, as this can only be awarded by a recognized Fair Trade certification/accreditation system.
5. We will embrace the diversity of the Fair Trade movement and respect all approaches that are aligned with the Fair Trade Charter. When communicating about specific Fair Trade schemes, we will ensure they are described fairly and accurately.
6. We support the aim of the International Fair Trade Charter to help the Fair Trade movement present its common vision to the wider world
If you wish to publicly recognise the new International Fair Trade Charter, please tick YES below and submit your organisation´s information on the following pages of this form.
Organisation Name (as you wish to appear publicly)
Country where organisation is based (as you wish to appear publicly)
Contact person: Last name, first name (will not be made public)
Contact person: Job title (will not be made public)
Contact email address (will not be made public)
For the launch, we plan to present a visual representation of the organisations that have recognised the Charter. If you are happy to do so, please could you send your organisation's logo (PNG or JPG format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communicating your recognition
Please refer to the link below for further information on how to communicate your recognition of the new Charter and the tools that will be made available.
On the occasion of the public launch of the new International Fair Trade Charter, I would be available to:
1. Provide a quote (write a quote of what Fair Trade means to you, your organisation or the consumers or producers with whom you work).
2. Record a video (record a video explaining what the Charter means to you - to be shared on social media and elsewhere).
3. Write a blog or opinion piece (an option if you would like to elaborate further what the new Fair Trade Charter means to you, your organisation or the people that you work with).
4. Communicate publicly using your communications channels (a communication package will be made available - to include supporting materials for producing content for various publication channels, e.g. animation video, template press release).
5. Organise an event - on or around the 25th September (organise an event to highlight and celebrate the launch of the new Charter).
If you have any questions about the information that we collect, how we use this information, why we store, and why we retain it; and how you can request that your information is updated, corrected, or deleted; and what we do in case of a security breech, please contact us at
I agree to the Fair Trade Advocacy Office storing the data provided in this form.
I agree to the Fair Trade Advocacy Office using the information provided in this form to contact me by email to keep me informed of developments relevant to the Charter and related follow-up activities.
I agree to the Fair Trade Advocacy Office sharing internally the information provided (first and last name, job title, organisation, email) with selected Fair Trade movement actors, actively promoting the Charter.
I agree to the Fair Trade Advocacy publishing the name of the organisation & logo on a public website (first and last name, job title and email won´t be shared publicly).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service