This program will discuss existing implementations of authority control outside of traditional systems, such as repositories and digital collection management systems.
Presenters will demonstrate current implementations of controlled access points outside of traditional cataloging in institutional repositories or digital collection systems, potentially including linked data authorities and researcher identity registries.
Proposal ideas could include:
- Linked data authorities implementation in repositories or digital collections (e.g. VIAF, LC Linked Data Service, etc.)
- Implementations of author/researcher identities (e.g. ORCID, ResearcherID) in repositories or digital collections
- Collaborations between the library and other entities, such as authors and other academic departments, related to author or subject creation and maintenance
- Methods of author identity maintenance in an institutional repository
- Demonstrations of controlled authorities implementation for digital collections platforms
All presentations at ALA Annual Chicago 2013 will be recorded. Speaker agreements will be forwarded to all speakers and will require consent for video recording.
The deadline for proposals is February 26, 2013.
If you have any difficulties with this form, please feel free to submit your proposals directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALCTS Metadata Interest Group Programming Chairs:
Meghan Finch, Oakland University
Ivey Glendon, University of Virginia