REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATIONThe requirements for any person, or organization or group that requests to use the facilities of the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION must submit the following in writing before permission will be granted:
1. A certificate of insurance made out to the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION stating coverage afforded. Limits of liability must be at least $1,000,000.00 combined single limit.
2. A hold harmless agreement must be included in the certificate of insurance whereby, in time of loss, the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION will not be held responsible for any liability incurred as a result of the function being held. Please return the Hold Harmless Agreement enclosed in this packet.
3. W-9 from person or organization utilizing the school facility. This will be the entity that will be making payments to the board and receive refunds if applicable. W-9 can be accessed via this link: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
4. RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION requires the applicant to contact Chief Jacqueline Luthcke of the Ridgewood Police Department at (201)670-5518 to make arrangements for police coverage, if deemed necessary by the Police Department.
The organization or individual applying for the use of the Ridgewood Public School District’s facilities shall be referred to as the “Licensee”.
The Ridgewood Board of Education shall be referred to as the “Licensor.” The Licensee hereby makes application for the use of:
1. Assume all liability for and agrees to indemnify and hold the Licensor, its respective members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees or invitees, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of, resulting from, or incurred in connection with any acts or omissions of the Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees related to its use of the Licensor’s facilities, including but not limited to, the Licensee’s use of any portable equipment. In the event that an action or proceeding is brought against the Licensor by reason of any such claim, the Licensee, upon notice form the Licensor, covenants to resist or defend, at Licensee’s expense such action or proceeding by counsel reasonable satisfactory to the Licensor.
2. Assume full responsibility for Bodily Injury and Property Damage incurred as a result of the acts or omissions of the Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licenses, or invitees. The Licenses must present an insurance certificate guaranteeing property liability coverage of at least a Combined Single Limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate insuring the Licensee against any liability for bodily injury and property damage. The Licensor shall be named as an additional insured on such insurance policy. A copy of the necessary insurance policy must be presented to the Licensor prior to the Licensee’s use of the facilities.
3. Assume responsibility for preserving order in said school during its use of the facilities, for all fees in connection with the Licensee’s use of the facilities, including when necessary, custodial fees.
4. Observe and adhere to all of the Licensor’s rules and regulations governing the use of the Licensor’s facilities as set forth in the Licensor’s policies and regulations. The foregoing policies and regulations are as much a part of this application and agreement as if they were attached hereto. Additional copies of said policies and regulations may be obtained at the Licensor’s Business Office. Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in the immediate expulsion of the Licensee from the Licensor’s facilities.
5. If school is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency Licensee’s event/function shall be cancelled.
6. If the Licensee is a “youth sports team organization”, as that term is defined by N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5(b), the Licensee shall provide the Licensor with a statement of compliance with the Licensor’s Policy No. 2431.4 “Concussion Testing and Return-to-Play” for the management of concussions and other head injuries. As defined in N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5(b) a “youth sports team organization” means one or more sports teams organized pursuant to a nonprofit or similar charter or which are member teams in a league organized by or affiliated with a county or municipal recreation department. All sports organizations must fill out the attached Statement of Compliance.
7. If the Licensee is a “youth sports team organization”, the Licensee shall provide the Licensor with a copy of their accident policy or certificate of insurance, guaranteeing proper accident coverage for the participants.
8. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5, the Licensor , its employees, agents, and servants shall not be liable for the injury or death of a person arising from the presence and access to an AED, as well as the action or inaction of the Licensee or any of the Licensee’s members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees.
9. The Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteer’s licensees, or invitees hereby acknowledge that the requirements of N.J.S.A 18A:40-41a-c concerning automated extended defibrillators apply to school-sponsored athletic events or team practices in which students of the district participate.
10. Pursuant to N.J.S.A 18a:40-41.5, the Licensor shall not be liable for the injury or death of a person due to the action or inaction of the Licensee’s members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees.
11. All charges for the use of school facilities will be paid within thirty (30) days after the Licensee’s use of the facilities has concluded.
12. Any requested changes or modifications in this application and agreement for the use of facilities must be made in writing by the Licensee and approved by the Licensor at least three (3) days in advance of the date scheduled for the use of facilities.
13. Permission to use the facilities may be rescinded or modified as outlined in policy. School programs take precedence over any and all outside uses. NO PROGRAMS shall be scheduled on holidays (school, state, or national), during vacation period or during school recess unless specific prior written approval is granted and associated fees are determined. No activities are to be scheduled on a Saturday which immediately follows a Friday holiday.
14. __________ I have read and hereby represent that the Licensee shall comply with any and all of the Licensor’s rules, regulations, and policies.
15. __________ The Licensee has provided the aforementioned required certificates of insurance to the Licensor.
• AUDITORIUM AT BENJAMIN FRANKLIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
$555 for use of the auditorium. In the event air conditioning is installed, a separate charge will be instituted. Additional fee for use of classrooms – $50 per room per hour. Auditorium rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated. Use of concert grand piano:$230 including tuning.
• OTHER AUDITORIUMS George Washington Middle School $285 Elementary Auditoriums $200
Auditorium rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated.
• CAFETERIAS George Washington Middle School, Benjamin Franklin Middle School, and Ridgewood High School
Fee: $145 with auditorium rental $285 without auditorium rental
Cafeteria rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated. All foods served from school kitchens must be prepared by the authorized food provider for the district. Arrangements may be made through the Business Office.
• GYMNASIUMS The rental of school gymnasiums for groups under proper supervision is on the basis of use duringregular custodial working hours with no additional overtime costs and assumes a three-hour maximum use.
High School Gym #1 $368 High School Gym #2 $200 High School Gym #3 $200 Benjamin Franklin Middle School $200 George Washington Middle School (New) $370 George Washington Middle school (Old) $200 Elementary Schools $142
• OTHER FACILITIES
Board Room – Education Center $170
*Any custodial charges will be marked up by 10%.
*Certain sites require technical support – additional hourly rate will apply
IN THE EVENT THAT SCHOOL IS CLOSED FOR ANY REASON, THIS PERMIT IS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED.
The licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and save harmless the Board, its agents, expenses, loss or liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the operation, activities or omissions of the licensee, its employees and/or servants or agents in rental of the buildings or any other property owned by the Board of Education of the Village of Ridgewood, including, by way of example and not by way of limitation, any losses, expenses, including legal fees and disbursements, damages or injuries occurring in connection with, or resulting from the use by the licensee its servants, agents and/or employees, of any equipment, stock, appliances, implements, tools or machinery or any other property owned, rented borrowed by or assigned to the Board; provided, however, that the licensee’s obligation to indemnify the Board shall not apply to damage or injury resulting solely from the negligence of the Board, its employees, servants and/or agents.
NOTE: FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS, AND CERTAIN OTHER NON-CORPORATE ENTITIES, ENTITIES, EXECUTUION OF THIS AGREEMENT COULD LEAD TO PERSONAL LIBILITY IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR ATTORNEY FOR ADVICE IN THIS REGARD.