Education Opportunity Funding Request
The Falcon Families of SFES (PTO) exists to improve and enrich the education and educational environment for the children attending our school. In addition, the Falcon Families of SFES strives to establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, teachers, the school, and the community.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗙𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺
We believe the most significant means of impacting student learning is to financially support projects for the unmet and unfunded needs of students and teachers at Sheboygan Falls Elementary School (SFES). Each year, the Falcon Families of SFES will award funds to worthy projects that significantly impact student learning in grades 4K-4th grade.
This form is not used for funding field trips. Please see the principal for those requests.
𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗙𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝗔𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀
It is expected that all requests for funding will comply with the state standards, support school improvement plans, and fall within at least one of the following focus areas:
• Meeting basic educational needs of as many students as possible
• Supporting innovation and creativity
• Rewarding excellence
In addition, Educational Funding Requests should reflect one or more of the objectives of the Falcon Families, including:
• To promote the welfare of all children in home, school, and community (i.e. school supplies, clothing, scholarships, etc.).
• To provide, above and beyond Sheboygan Falls School District financial support, the materials required to deliver a quality educational experience for our students (i.e. classroom books)
• To develop partnerships between educators and the general public (i.e. school/business partnerships, police/school safety programs, partnerships with high educations institutions and with health education, financial literacy programs, etc.)
• To encourage and enhance parent-teacher communication and cooperation.
1. All requests for funding that meet these guidelines (including a signature from the principal) will be considered.
2. In order to assess each request fairly, the person or persons requesting the grant may, at their discretion, be present at the Funding Request Committee meetings at which the grant applications are viewed. Presentations will be limited to 5 minutes due to the number of applications expected.
3. Any request may be fully or partially funded, or not funded at all.
4. Applicants must be employees of the Sheboygan Falls Elementary School.
5. Any item(s) purchased with Falcon Families of SFES funds for a teacher’s use, will remain at the Sheboygan Falls Elementary School.
6. The goal of Falcon Families of SFES funding is to support projects and materials that are curriculum centered and will have a long term benefit to the students and the school.
7. Items approved for funding must be purchased with Sheboygan Falls School District funds using the SFSD vendor requisition/check request system. Completed order forms for purchases may be turned into the school secretary who will request a check from Falcon Families of SFES. Upon receiving the check the secretary will mail the completed order, along with the check, to the vendor. If items must be purchased by a teacher, the purchase must be done using vendor requisitions which can be obtained the school office.
8. All receipts and payment requests must be turned in before the last day of the current school year.
9. Gift cards may not be purchased.
10. Requests submitted by the Wednesday before the a scheduled meeting will be considered at that meeting.