Request edit access
2019 STEM Day at the State Fair Exhibitor Application
Hosted by SciMathMN.
STEM Day (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at the State Fair was launched in 2010 to great success. Held the first day of the Minnesota State Fair in Dan Patch (formerly Carousel) Park, STEM Day has attracted more exhibitors and State Fair visitors each year. While new exhibitors have been added each year, we are reaching the limit of what the space can accommodate.
STEM Day 2019 is now being planned for the Opening Day of the State Fair, Thursday, August 22, 2019.
This application helps the STEM Day Committee determine this summer’s roster of exhibitors. Please read the instructions carefully and provide as much specific and detailed information to assist our committee in its final selections. Full and complete applications will receive priority during the selection process.
STEM Day focuses on reaching K-12 youth, their families, and teachers.
1. to communicate that STEM is fun and rewarding; STEM has a huge impact and benefit on our society; wonderful STEM career opportunities exist, both now and in the foreseeable future;
2. to connect attendees to STEM resources throughout the state year-round.
These messages are best communicated with hands-on activities that engage our target audience in critical and creative thinking skills and encourages them to question and seek answers that enhance their STEM knowledge. In your application please provide a detailed description of your activity. This will be integral in the selection process.
Our goal is to present a broad representation of STEM fields with a variety of STEM activities and organizations. If you are interested in being part of this exciting STEM Day at the State Fair, please complete the form below by Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
First Priority will be given to organizations which meet the following criteria (listed in order of importance):
1. Organization’s mission and purpose pertain to and are based in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
2. Organizations that are willing to collaborate and share exhibit space (if needed).
3. Organizations that provide a hands-on, STEM-based activity focused on children and youth.
4. Organizations from outside the Twin Cities metro area.
5. Organizations new to the STEM Day event.
6. Demonstrated goals to target audience.
7. Appropriateness of planned activity.
8. Organization’s ability to underwrite their activity.
Other factors that influence the committee’s decision:
1. Non-profits must be registered in the state of Minnesota.
2. For-profit companies and organizations are restricted from conducting commercial operations by State Fair policy.
3. Sponsorship of STEM Day.
4. Organizations have a mechanism for community engagement in STEM or a record of volunteer service to the community in STEM activities.
5. Date of submission of the application
Exhibitors are asked to have demonstrations and interactive events centering around one or more of these topics:
- Activities for children/parents outside of school (or perhaps school field trips)
- Promoting STEM activities in school – providing programs or support in advancing STEM
- Career, College and beyond – education and employment opportunities in STEM fields
Please complete the form by Tuesday, May 1, 2018. You may send photos of your plans or past displays to
Exhibitors selected will be notified in early June.
Name of organization (as it should appear on tent sign)
Please provide a 50 word organization description
Organization's social media contact information
Organization's Staff Contact Name
Organization's Staff Contact Email Address
Organization's Staff Contact Work Phone
Organization's Staff Contact Mobile Phone
Would your exhibit lend itself to sharing with another organization? Collaborator Information, if applicable.
If your organization shares with another organization, would you share the space all day or split the time as half-days?
Share the exhibit all day
Split the time as half days
Describe your planned exhibit and activities in 150 words or less. Send any photos to
. Please plan on no larger than 10' x 10' space under an open-sided tent. This will help the committee visualize your plans. Please indicate if you require more than one 8'x30" table and two folding chairs provided all exhibitors.
Primary intended age for exhibit
Kindergarten to 5th grade
6th grade through 8th grade
9th grade to 12th grade
Alternate Activity Description
Also, describe an alternative activity you would provide in the event that we have too many similar offerings.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service