Schools and 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations (4-H, Girl Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc.) are eligible to apply for grants. In addition, home school teams are grant eligible if the grants are managed by a non-profit homeschool organization or other 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Teams must apply and get approval for the John Deere / FIRST grant prior to registering with FIRST.
If John Deere supported your team last season as previously communicated; to be eligible for a new team grant, you must have satisfied the team expectations including:
* Submitting a team post season survey (link below)
* E-mailed a picture of your team including coaches and mentors to Inspire@JohnDeere.com with team name and number.
Link to 2013-2014 Deere FIRST Team Survey:
The dates for when applications are being accepted for the 2014-2015 season are as follows:
( ability to submit application for FRC will be added on the outlined date)
* FLL - Open until Monday, September 8, 2014 (updated from Aug 29)
* FTC - Open until Friday, October 3, 2014
Note: Iowa FTC Teams need to apply by September 4 (updated from Aug. 29) because of League Play.
* JrFLL - Open until February 27, 2015
* FRC - Opens on Monday, September 15, 2014 until Friday, November 7, 2014
When we evaluate grants, we place the highest priority on teams that have the following characteristics:
* Are located within a 50-mile radius of a John Deere listed home community
* Mentor or coach is a John Deere employee or retiree (can be more than a 50 mile radius). Staff from John Deere dealers are not eligible at this time.
* Low income students as measured by % of free and reduced lunch program at school attend
* Include underrepresented students including with minorities and/or females
* Are first time participates in FIRST
Grant funding levels will vary and will cover costs normally paid to FIRST by teams such as for registration, robot kits or parts, and field setup kits.
Current US John Deere Inspire home communities include:
* Georgia - Augusta (New)
* Illinois - Champaign
* Illinois - Quad Cities
* Iowa - Des Moines
* Iowa - Dubuque
* Iowa - Ottumwa
* Iowa - Quad Cities
* Iowa - Waterloo
* Kansas - Coffeyville (New)
* Louisiana - Thibodaux (New)
* North Carolina - Raleigh-Durham (New)
* North Dakota - Fargo
* North Dakota - Valley City
* Wisconsin - Horicon
Should you have any questions regarding John Deere FIRST Team grants, please call Rebecca Falkenburg, FIRST Team Grants Manager, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 603-206-2057.
2014-2015 Grants are no longer being accepted.