The Oaks Park Association (OPA) Board of Directors seeks a CEO to lead and manage the operation of Oaks Park on the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon. Together with the Board, the CEO will advance the mission of the non-profit organization to preserve and perpetuate the historic park as an affordable, safe, family-friendly recreation attraction open to the general public.
Charged with implementing the mission and values of Oaks Park, the successful candidate will provide executive and operational leadership of a successful, on-going business operation.
ABOUT OAKS PARK
The 44-acre site on the Willamette River was opened in 1905 and named for its grove of historic oak trees. The amusement park features a roller rink, ferris wheel, carousel, roller coaster, railroad and a broad array of contemporary amusements, in addition to picnic facilities and park features. OPA employs 27 full-time staff, more than 200 seasonal workers, and more than 50 part-time workers in the winter. The annual OPA budget for operations exceeds $7 million.
• Reporting to the OPA Board of Directors, CEO will manage the organization with collaborative, team-based leadership,
providing clear direction.
• Assure effective customer service for the park operations to achieve a safe, family-friendly atmosphere.
• In conjunction with the OPA Board, develop policy, strategy and long-range plans to perpetuate and sustain the park.
• Steward financial resources and manage the annual budget.
• Oversee the natural physical aspects of the park, assure the maintenance of buildings and physical facilities.
• Serve as chief spokesperson and advocate, maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders, public entities and the general public.
• Demonstrated successful experience in delivering high quality customer service in a complex business environment; preference for experience with family friendly recreation.
• Demonstrated success in effective financial planning and business operations management.
• Demonstrated success in team leadership and supervision.
• Effective communicator and collaborator.
• A leader who loves our mission of bringing joy to people all year round.
Competitive, based upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Base salary plus annual bonus will be included.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following materials to Rick Gustafson, Chair,
Oaks Park Association email@example.com:
1. Cover letter (maximum two-pages) stating why you are interested in this position and how your experience qualifies you for the job.
2. A complete resume detailing your skills and background.
3. Three references, including name, title, address, phone number and email.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTAL OF APPLICATIONS
5 P.M., FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018
View job description at: