To be eligible for this award:
1. You must be a full-time graduate or professional student at Indiana University Bloomington. You must be enrolled in 8 or more credit hours, a Student Academic Appointee enrolled in 6 or more credit hours, or enrolled in dissertation hours (e.g. G901).
2. The start date for your travel must be between January 1st 2014 and Dec. 31st 2014.
3. You must not be a member of the GPSO Executive Committee, employee of the GPSO, or an active member of the GPSO Awards Committee reviewing applications for this award.
4. You may only receive one GPSO Travel Award per event. If you have previously received a GPSO Travel Award, you may still apply for this award as long as the previous award was not given for the same event. You may only apply for one GPSO Travel Award per semester.
Once you begin this application you may not be able to save and come back to make changes. Please have the following ready before you begin this application:
- Detailed information on the conference, workshop, training, competition, or audition you plan to attend
- Why your attendance is important
- A detailed budget of your expenses
In an effort to improve the transparency of the award process, we are now making the materials that the reviewers will use to evaluate your application available. Please review this document (http://www.indiana.edu/~gpso/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Travel-Grant-Review-Instructions.docx) to understand how your application will be scored. Sample applications from previous winners are also available (http://www.indiana.edu/~gpso/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Travel-Award-Sample-Applications.docx)
GPSO Travel Awards are awarded as university fellowships so you should be aware of your total financial aid need and the amount of financial aid you have already received. If you have already reached your financial aid maximum for the current semester, you may be ineligible for this award. More information about financial aid need can be found at http://www.indiana.edu/~sfa/receiving/need.html and information about how much aid you have already received can be found in OneStart.
If you are selected as a winner for this award your name may be published in various GPSO materials.