* Seminar Series: Wednesdays, February 19 - April 9, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
* Career Trek to Houston: Friday, April 4
* Diversity in Business Networking and Etiquette Dinner: TBD
The BBA Women's Council is the first women-directed undergraduate initiative at the McCombs School of Business and was launched to create a supportive structure that encourages the success of women seeking to enter the business world. The program provides a forum for undergraduate women in business to learn about and discuss current issues and opportunities in the business world. Through roundtable forums, weekly seminars, and other unique programming, undergraduate women are able to gain knowledge about the challenges women face in the workplace and how to prepare for success both during and after college.
Goals & Objectives:
* Gain awareness of developmental issues and current challenges that women face in their transition from college students to business professionals
* Increase confidence in networking skills by connecting participants with other BBA women and influential women professionals
* Gain insight into the professional environment from the experiences and career journeys of prominent business women
* Prepare participants for success in the workplace
In the Seminar Series, BBA women meet on a weekly-basis during the semester to participate in open discussions about challenges facing women in today's corporate world and engage in activities that develop professional skills and enhance self-confidence.
BBA Women's Council Seminar Series participants are also eligible to participate in on-site visits hosted by employers to observe company culture, gain a deeper understanding of their selected major and related industries, and learn about potential career opportunities.
Any BBA woman who is available on Wednesdays from 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. and can commit to the 7-week session is welcome. Members of BBA Women's Council will be expected to attend all weekly seminars. Women in their 2nd or 3rd year at McCombs School of Business are encouraged to apply!
Participants must be current McCombs BBA student women.
If you have any questions, please email Merri Su Ruhmann (MerriSu.Ruhmann@mccombs.utexas.edu).