Community station Guidelines
Thanks for your efforts to strengthen our community! We offer community tables (no sales) for a $5 donation to the non-profit Rail Yards Market.
The Community Station is an area of the market available for non-profits, activist, school, and other groups like yours to utilize. Any non-profit organization or group is welcome to participate and table in this area, as long as they are not selling anything. The Rail Yards Market is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and CANNOT host any political campaigns. Groups must fill out this application, bring their own tables, chairs, and equipment, and arrive by 9-9:30am to set-up. Groups are scheduled out to ensure room at the market. Groups are limited to doing a community station two times during the regular market season on Sundays May-October.
There are just a couple of participation guidelines we'd ask you to adhere to, outlined below:
1) Organizations are asked to have no more than two representatives present at the Station.
2) Organizations are asked to use only one 6 ft or less table space, and that supporting materials occupy only the table space directly in front of the seated representative.
3) Banners and hanging materials are welcome, and can be attached to the front of the table or suspended from an easel or the wall behind the organization. Again, we ask that any such materials take up no more than approximately 5 feet in width.
4) Collection of signatures and distribution of materials should be restricted to your table area. We ask that as a courtesy to market guests, groups do not stand in the aisle ways or wander through the market soliciting or distributing materials.
5)The Community Station is scheduled by the Programming Coordinator
6) All participants must follow the Rail Yards Market Rules & Regulations & Code Conduct -- we have a zero tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination.
Please feel free to contact the market organizers with any questions, concerns, or suggestions for improvement.
Please fill out this brief information form for our records, a representative will contact you with scheduling information.