1. The Alaska PTA supports legislation and regulation for the state and local funding for public education that is adequate; equitable and predictable.
2. The Alaska PTA supports structurally sound schools throughout the state for the safety of children, families, staff and communities.
3. The Alaska PTA supports outdoor and indoor air quality monitoring, with mitigation of harmful indoor air pollution in schools where needed, as needed.
4. The Alaska PTA supports health and wellness programs that address obesity reduction, suicide prevention and asthma in all Alaska communities.
5. The Alaska PTA supports regulation and modifications to the marijuana statutes to consider potential negative impacts on student learning, children and families.
6. The Alaska PTA supports funding to engage families and communities in the education system. To include restoring initial funding for the parents as Teachers Program, expanding family and community involvement, and increase communication at all levels of education.
7. The Alaska PTA recognizes the state of Alaska is facing budget shortfalls. Alaska PTA supports legislation to supplement revenues for education through alternative methods.
As you consider these think about the issues affecting children in your community. Please identify any modifications to our current priorities or any new priorities that you think the Alaska State PTA should adopt and present to the Alaska Legislature and others who make decisions that affect children. We ask that you prioritize your unit's suggested priorities 1-5 from greatest to lesser importance.