Participants of the PEERS mentoring program will:
- have access to a community of support and resources during key stages of their academic career.
- receive support that aids in their personal and leadership development.
- develop a greater sense of belonging to UD by engaging in the PEERS community.
- be exposed to diverse perspectives and experiences that affirms their cultural identity.
Basic Expectations of a Mentor:
- Communicate with mentees at least once a month through face to face contact i.e. meal dates, etc.
- Attend mid-semester 1:1 meeting with Assistant Director for OMA and/or MEP Staff
- Complete a PEERS mentee Bi-weekly Recap form
- Encourage attendance at Study Tables and OMA/MEP/PEERS Events
- Attend at least 1 Study Tables per month (OMA or MEP)
- Attend all First Friday events
- Develop a Personal Success Plan with OMA/MEP staff
The P.E.E.R.S. mentor program is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and the Minority Engineering Program. The mentor program has a positive impact on the lives of UDs multicultural students, regardless of their class year, as they transition from high school to university study to a professional career.
The P.E.E.R.S. mentor program calls for energetic, enthusiastic and motivated returner students who have completed their first year of study at UD who will serve as mentors to first-year students. Students may be paired with up to two mentees. If interested, please complete the information below.
All that sign up to be a mentor will need to attend a mandatory training session. Training will be Saturday, August 30, 2014 from noon until 5:00 pm, location TBA. Please let me know if you have any conflicts.