Request edit access
UM Big Year 2015: Registration for Birders
UM Big Year is a yearlong race to record the biggest number of bird species in UM. After registering, you will be sent your Birder ID and an online form for recording species. Feel free to join the workshops and birdwatching sessions that we will organise throughout 2015, or take part by recording your sightings from your solo sessions - it's up to you!
1. Any recording of bird spotted is acceptable as long as it is wild, free and within the UM campus.
2. Recording can either visual or by ear as long as you identify it correctly.
3. If you spot a bird and cannot identify it, you can always record as many details possible and share with UM Big Year Facebook page or
. The data may include voice recording, physical description, size, colour, spotting time and date, place et cetera. It is highly encouraged that you confirm the species before submitting your record.
4. Domesticated, encaged, or dead bird records cannot be included as a record.
5. Subspecies can be counted as more than one bird, e.g. Javan starling and common starling are two species.
6. UM Big Year follows an honour system, i.e. no one will check or validate your record.
7. Please follow bird ethics, i.e. keeping the natural habitat as it was before, no making of false calls and no disturbing of eggs or nest.
Hi! My name is:
And I'm from:
You can email me at:
This information will be confidential and only used for UM Big Year updates.
You can SMS/Whatsapp me at:
Please type out your phone number in this format: 01X-XXXXXXX. This information will be confidential and only used for UM Big Year updates.
Give me my Birder ID so I can be part of UM Big Year!
The Birder ID is a four-digit ID assigned to you for reporting bird species that you see.
Email me my ID
SMS/Whatsapp me my ID
Did you know: UM Big Year has a Whatsapp group for everyone to share birdwatching locations LIVE, so everyone gets a chance to see rare or interesting birds.
You will be automatically added to the group, which you will be able to leave any time. In the event you don't want to join the group, please indicate below.
I do not want to be added to the UM Big Year Whatsapp group.
I heard about UM Big Year from:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service