Here is some information about Lit Salons at Erewhon:
* Timeline: We will open the space at 7. Readings will start at 7:30. After that, we'll stick around until at least 11 for hangouts, games, &c.
* The office is in the Flatiron/NoMad district in Manhattan. The space is big and we can host a whole lot of people, but we reserve the right to cap the event if there is concern about crowding.
* To RSVP, fill out the form below. We will contact everyone who fills out the form by a few days before the event with location and access information and will send out access emails periodically after that, up until 5 p.m. on the day of the event. If you decide to come at the last minute, we can probably still let you in, but please do RSVP to make planning easier.
* Food and drink: We'll provide hot and iced coffee and tea and a few snacks. If you would like to bring some snacks or booze to share with others or for your own enjoyment, that would be most welcome. We will probably also order some dinner (everyone pays for what they order) after the readings if you want to get in on that.
* Amenities and access: The office should be accessible--there is a street-level entrance with no stairs and two elevators up to the office. The office has lots of space, two bathrooms, and a full kitchen. Please note that we only have seats for about 26 people, so some people may have to sit on the floor or stand for part of the event.
* Photos: As with many readings, there are usually some people who post photos on social media during and after the event, and we will share some of those photos via a link on our event page. We can't control what other people post, but if you don't want photos of you included in our roundup, just let us know.
* Games: We've got two big tables and a small collection of board games in house--see the "Info on the event space" link below for titles. You're welcome to bring your own and see if you can get a game going.
* Community policy: The Erewhon Books office seeks to be a safer space for all community members, but in particular has a zero-tolerance policy for oppressive actions or physical or verbal harassment. If anyone does or says anything that makes you uncomfortable, please talk to Liz. We reserve the right to disinvite anyone from this or future events at our discretion.
Please note that we are welcoming you into our private offices. Thanks in advance for respecting our policies and wishes. ♥
Info on the event space: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYskuf6GMaokRj5JBWHYUU-eOIZ7-mPIppw3NivuCGA/
Facebook invite page: TK
New event attendees will be added to the Erewhon newsletter, but you can easily unsubscribe if you don't want to hear from us.